Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Devialet 200 owner - Set Up Help
(18-Mar-2022, 08:42)Mescal Wrote: Ok, little bit closer to definite set up Smile

So bought me a digital cable, but I seem to have a problem with the phono stage.

I used the configurator, gave in the phono model (Audio Technica), the cartridge type and voila.

But now the turntable makes this strange clicking noises; like it's picking up static. (could post a video of the noises). It even makes these noises when the turntable is plugged out of the socket.

When I use the line in and my phono pre amp (EAR 834) everything is working fine (so no noises).

Any idea what this might be? Something in the setup I did wrong?

In the configurator, open phono settings>advanced settings>, then turn Auto WiFi standby ON. The static-like sound is caused by the phono stage picking up the noise of the WiFi hunting for a connection.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks for your reply!

I did what you said, but unfortunately it makes no difference. Still the same clicking noises.....
Fyi, i'm using the phone lines to interconnect my marantz (home cinema). As far as i remember, i kept having staic noise coming through while having the wifi activated. I ended up shutting it off and using wired internet connection.
I believe the static noise appeared no matter which source is selected. Just like if the wifi gave constant interference on the speakers.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
(22-Mar-2022, 06:13)Wills1831 Wrote: Fyi, i'm using the phone lines to interconnect my marantz (home cinema). As far as i remember, i kept having staic noise coming through while having the wifi activated. I ended up shutting it off and using wired internet connection.
I believe the static noise appeared no matter which source is selected. Just like if the wifi gave constant interference on the speakers.

I only have it when I use my turntible.

My streamer/cd player is connected to the digital in, and I don't hear no static at all. Even at highest volume it's as clean as a whistle.

It is indeed the wifi though, cause when I disconnect the wifi these strange clicking noises are gone. Will have to find a solution for that, cause having no wifi in the house ... well, let's say that the kids and the wife won't be happy
If what you are hearing is your home wifi causing the problem, not the wifi in the amp itself looking for signal, then you probably have your router pretty close to the amp.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ok, so one step closer.

So the strange clicking noises were indeed coming from the wifi, I solved that by using a net filter.

The digital input is clean now, but when I use the Devialet phono premamp there is still a lot of noise coming through (gets louder when volume increases), a lot more than when I use the line input with my EAR phono preamp? Let's say, that when I use the Devialet preamp the noise starts around - 10 db; when I use the EAR preamp the noise starts at around + 10 db. Any idea what this might be? Is there some sort of noise reduction possible?

The noise is not too disturbing though, doesn't take away from the listening experience, but it still bugs me ...
(01-Apr-2022, 11:07)Mescal Wrote: the noise starts around - 10 db; when I use the EAR preamp the noise starts at around + 10 db

Is this with a low output MC cartridge?
The Devialet phono stage is known to have more noise than average. The difference to the EAR pre proves this. If the noise is too annoying you may have to keep the EAR. An alternative is using a high output MC instead or find a suitable step-up transformer (SUT) for your cartridge.
There are several threads here at DC discussing phono stage noise.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I've had the Devialet for two months now, and everything seems to be working fine.

So thanks again guys for all the set up help.

Now I have a few 'connectivity' questions:

1. Is there Bluetooth on the device (as input)
2. My setup is in the living room. The kitchen is something like 10 m further, divided by a wall. Is there a way that I can connect my setup to (bluetooth?) speakers in the kitchen? (it is not really possible to get speaker cable from the setup to the kitchen).
3. Is there an audio output on the devialet? So I can record music coming through my system on my computer?

Thanks
No Bluetooth as far as i can tell. It's a plan but nothing yet.

For Windows yes, there are some drivers you can download on the website which enables you to redirect to your expert.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
Hi, another noob question, so sorry already.

I just bought this subwoofer recently. 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-115sw

What's the best way to connect this to the Devialet 200 ? (I suppose this is something everyone should know, but, well ...)