Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet le200 owner (problem.?)
My 200 took quite a long time to sound the same when compared to the demo model. It sounded harsh and the bass wasn't focussed. Unpleasent to my ears. I was sure it was broken, so I contacted my dealer,. But he convinced me to try it for a couple of weeks. Those were long weeks. I ran it 24 hours a day for several weeks. After that it was superb, and has been great ever since. Got a second 200 later on to make a 400. Found that I enjoyed the 400 even better than the 250.

PMC can be a bit bright though, but if you were happy with the 250 - PMC combo, the 200 should bring you sort of the same performance as the 250.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Wow.That was the answer i was hoping for as i have found some topics already that some people had them running in for a three months to get to the enjoyable stage more like 200 to 300 hours.Mine at the moment suppoused to have no more than 70 hours on the clock so still long way to get it fully burn in.I was actually started to think it is maybe broken ....I am finding that the soundstage is suffering to-not wide and nothing like i've heard on the 250 at all-cant even compare it.
Afternoon everyone.Just a quick update.I've noticed something really very strange.One evening i was still trying to work out what else could cause my problem...Then last thing i did not checked was the speaker cables because i did'nt even thought about to change anything there as my tellurium q ultra black were the best i found so far with my previous equipment.But i have checked it anyway and put some of my first cables (sonic link ast 75) and WOW-i could'nt believe what i've heard all the soundstage are back.Off course in general the details are less pronounced and some other aspects of the sound are less but the listening pleasure is a lot higher with them.And here comes my question -what the h..l is going on with it?
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
Interesting news, and thanks for the update. I've generally been moderately skeptical about cables, but from my own experience I can say that cables make a very valuable difference with the Devialet. In one of my long and tiresome posts about my 220 Pro. I related how (my impression of) the presence of a sharp and metallic treble was changed completely by changing speaker cables and properly arranging them; I had my speaker cables and power cords coiled up together on the floor into neat little piles.

After I got my Wyred4Sound Sonos Connect, I had to try a few coax cables to get the sound to be balanced, and it was all about the treble. It is interesting that my wife could tell the difference between coax cables, and that her sense that 'I can't play it any louder without it being too harsh' went away with the coax cable change.

Summing up: yep, cable matching matters with the Devialet. 'Lay on, Macduff!'.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Welcome back.My devialet is gradually improving oveetime now and the difference between some cables are but less evident now than before.So far the winner is an atlas mavros then surprisingly an audioquest midnight (biwire ) close second.
Smile 
Hello devialet members.
I just want to say that i've oficially  found a (solution) to this (my)unusual  problem.
Went to my brother in laws house tonight to compare my d200 to his d250  with his focal electras 1028be.Left my firmware card inside the devialet and it was'nt sharp at all but the oposite actually but having problems with bass this time and generally the sound has been shut in quite a bit.Then we spoke about the configuration etc.Puting in my configuration card in and all was sharp and unpleasant back again.But then he asked me how did i do all the configs. I've showed him and he said to do it again but do not change anything but download the first setting after the model setup what i did.We put it back in my devialet and Big Grin WOW .
All has changed suddenly and completely transformed it to the point where it is very very similar sounding to his d250 but with a bit more( bite).Some songs actually liked better on my 200.
So as the conclusion the default devialet 200 settings has completely changed it from sharp to smooth and pleasant.Really happy now.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
Great news. Enjoy!
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(20-May-2017, 08:01)kerkhoffd Wrote: Great news. Enjoy!

I am Smile  Thanks.
Interesting. So do you recall what config settings you had previously set that caused the problems you were having?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I've everytime gone to the advanced configurator and set active spdif input and played with treble and bass settings as well.It i strange to me as well as this has caused me alot hassle and stress from start as i thought it should work ok from begining.This time i have downloaded the default devialet configuration without adjusting anything and the devialet magic finally found.