Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet wireless speaker
I read a news item on a Dutch hifi website. There seems to be a 'new' Devialet product in cooperation with Huawei.

Link to the Dutch hifi.nl website
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(27-Mar-2020, 22:41)kerkhoffd Wrote: I read a news item on a Dutch hifi website. There seems to be a new Devialet product in cooperation with Huawei.

Also on their site

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/audio/sound-x/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
D200/Audio Physic Tempo 25 (SAM)/Roon+Tidal
This could be the first time in history that the Chinese made product is more luxurious than its western competitors. It was only a matter of time.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I couldn't find anywhere where it states whether it only works with HuaWei phones or if there are Android and iOS apps for other phones. A strange omission.

On the other hand, below the specifications in small, light grey print so it's easy not to notice, was the following statement:

"The preceding specifications are theoretical values based on product design. Some features and specifications may vary across markets. To provide accurate product information, specifications, and features, HUAWEI may make real-time adjustments to the preceding specifications, so that they match the product performance, specifications, indexes, and components of the actual product. Product information is subject to such changes and adjustments without notice."

In other words, they don't guarantee that it will meet the published specs and they reserve the right to change the specs at any time to reflect what it actually can deliver if their published specs are found to be overly optimistic.

What's the point of specs which don't reflect actual performance?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(27-Mar-2020, 22:41)kerkhoffd Wrote: I read a news item on a Dutch hifi website. There seems to be a new Devialet product in cooperation with Huawei.

News? A quick Google search shows that Devialet has presented the Sound X last November and there are alreeay a couple of reviews (or rather: descriptions) out on this speaker.

As the product is about to hit the European market now and the price seems pretty low (compared to other Devialet products) at €290 I would be very much interested in its actual sound quality. Had anybody here already the opportunity to listen to the Sound X? If yes, how would you rate it if, lets say, the Sonos One is 0 points and the Reactor is 100 points. Any more detailed information welcome.
Devialet 220 pro CI - Surface 4 pro / Dirac / Roon / AIR - Kuzma Stabi S / Hana SL - PMC Fact 8
(28-Mar-2020, 12:15)Ron McKernan Wrote:
(27-Mar-2020, 22:41)kerkhoffd Wrote: I read a news item on a Dutch hifi website. There seems to be a 'new' Devialet product in cooperation with Huawei.

News?

It was the first time I read about it. Not interested in these kind of products at all. So only posted for those that are.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(27-Mar-2020, 22:41)kerkhoffd Wrote: I read a news item on a Dutch hifi website. There seems to be a 'new' Devialet product in cooperation with Huawei.

Interesting interesting, yes I have this thing from Microsoft that aggregates news relationships, still keep up with Devialet through it, and was seeing a few reports about this earlier this year.  It looks like that Sky partnership a bit, I might be wrong.  The CI board shows up as a Foxconn product on my network when queried, last time I checked.  Foxconn was listed as a top-ten investor re: Devialet on Crunchbase last time I checked (it might be outdated information).  I wonder how this will play out this year...I suspect there will be a strong push for US private-sector divestment in regards to China, but there may be blowback in regards to the region generally.  Some close contacts knew it was a really bad situation in December, from both areas (not to editorialize), and many students, mostly affluent, returned and kept quiet out of concern for their visas.  I'm not sure how it is by you, but the police blotter here is lit up like nothing else, my truck was tagged with graffiti by gang members a few nights ago in a private, secured garage, and the pressure is building.  So who wants a new speaker from Huawei?  :-D
Saw that on a couple of tech sites, looks like an Apple HomePod clone.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
Hi, but now it's going well  Big Grin  Wink

WHAT, BOOMBOX

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
April 1st today?  Cool
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany