Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Expert Configurator
(07-May-2022, 09:31)Jean-Marie Wrote:
I know that what I will say is hard to receive by those affected by problems like the RAAT issue or bugs in the configurator, but I suspect the Expert is “suffering” from the fact that any improvement will be marginal and most certainly will not affect SQ nor the majority of its users. 

Therefore, I think that they are still caring about experts and their customers, it is just that if you have to decide where spending a given amount of software development to have the biggest impact, a mature product like the expert may not be the first one. 

I think it depends on what you think will give the biggest impact. If things like new features and big improvements in performance (progressively harder to achieve as a product matures) is what delivers the biggest impact then you're conclusion is right.

Own the other hand, if you think things like keeping faith with the customer is important to your company's reputation across all lines then delivering all of the features promised when you first started selling the Expert Pro line without the CI board and fixing software bugs properly and promptly, then dealing with the current range of Expert Pro issues is going to have a much bigger impact because if you fail to deliver everything promised for one line and/or to maintain that line properly then people may think that you'll do the same with your other lines and if that starts to happen then the disgruntlement of Expert Pro owners starts to turn into reduced sales on all of your product lines. On the other hand, happy customers for any product line tends to turn into improved sales for all product lines. It's just the well known halo effect in psychology.

Customer satisfaction comes from the sum of a lot of small things in the way a company interacts with its customers and Devialet's interaction with Expert Pro customers has left a lot to be desired. That indicates that they don't rate customer satisfaction highly. The Expert Pro range may be their flagship product and top of the line solution as you say but they don't treat it and its purchasers as if that is the case. Their flagship is also their Archilles heel, it's the product which shows what they think of their customers most clearly in the way they care about the satisfaction of those customers.

Customer satisfaction counts and has a big impact on a company's reputation and sales. Companies ignore it at their own risk but if they do ignore it then sooner or later customer dissatisfaction starts to work to the company's detriment. Delivering customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction always has a big impact over time, it's just that they have different impacts. Customer satisfaction isn't the only way to get a big favourable impact but customer dissatisfaction is definitely one of the best and most effective ways to get a big unfavourable impact.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Still very happy with the original Expert range. No issues because I am still using a separate streamer. So no stability problems for me and with superb sound. Since I switched to Aurender last December and a high spec Kharma AES cable, I have achieved sound quality that surpasses what I’ve heard from Air and Expert Pro setup so far, deminishing my urge to want to upgrade to Pro CI. The fact that I still can is great, and maybe one day I will.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands