Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Home Theater
https://twitter.com/DEVIALET/status/1130376650095583232
Quick update on my setup. So I have 3 issues that I'm contending with with the home theater.
1. The Phantom Golds randomly need to be rebooted in order to hear sound from them. In my configuration they run provide output for the L/C/R speakers.
2. The Phantom Reactors' randomly reset themselves to a volume of 35 which requires me to log into the app and set it back to 100.
3. The Phantom Reactor's can't be adjusted to with the appropriate time delay settings to create an immersive experience. The delays are way off and it causes a horrible echo.

Due to the issues, my wife is really annoyed with this and wants me to junk the entire system because "it doesn't work". At this point I'm going to pull the Reactors and replace them with Phantom Classics running in direct optical mode. I'm pretty sure this will solve issues 1 and 2. As for issue 1, I'll need to figure out a way to remotely turn them on and off... Hmm....
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
You could look into something like an APC power strip which should allow you to turn power sockets on and off.

I wish Devialet would support this properly. They promised surround sound when they first announced the speakers.