Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New House... New Setup
Haven’t posted in while, but I’ve now moved into a new residence, so thought I’d share the revamped audio setup. The house is almost 100 years old. Interior renovated 6 years ago. A good blend of charm and modern conveniences.

[Image: 848MdCv.jpg]

I’ve always felt having a dedicated room where I could easily walk behind the AV rack to fiddle with wiring would be oh-so-nice-to-have. That’s what I’ve done here. The room is also used for household / home office storage. Once the 65" TV arrives it will block most of what is visible on the shelves. The AV Rack sits just past the archway into the room, allowing me the ability to slip into the room on either side. The archway will nicely frame the TV once it’s set up on the top shelf of the AV Rack. I’ll post a pic once that is set up.

The listening / TV room is approx 14’ x 14’. The Devialet Phantom II 98db are a great match for this size of room. Paired with the digital room correction of the miniDSP SHD-Studio and dampening with rugs and couches, the room calibration ended up working out very well.

For interest, the AV setup is:

2-Channel: Devialet Phantom II 98dB • miniDSP SHD-Studio • Mutec MC-3+ USB • Custom Roon Rock • Silent Angel Bonn N8 • APC H15 • Mistral Audio W-3900

The TV will be:

Sony Bravia AJ08 Smart OLED TV 65". Looking forward to setting that up as I’ve gone without a TV for a few years.

In the rest of the house I’ve Roon feeding a few smart speakers, primarily Klipsch The Three’s via Chromecast.

Cheers.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
Nice setup, congratulations!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Nice one! the lighting makes it look very cool Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
As promised, here's a couple of images with the TV installed. Cheers.

[Image: uXf8ftW.jpg][Image: LTsMxms.jpg]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Wow. Looks stunning. I expect it sounds that way too Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(13-Nov-2021, 22:58)ICUDoc Wrote: Wow. Looks stunning. I expect it sounds that way too Smile

I like it! No more tweaking for me. The journey over the years has been a lot of fun. Technology has come a long way. It’s made it easier to design a sound curve that works in a room. 

I was thinking the other day when ordering the new 65” TV with all the bells and whistles… the same amount of money bought me a 34” wide screen CRT TV that weighed 175 lbs, maybe 15-18 years ago. It died shortly after I got it. Hopefully the new TV lasts a lot longer.