Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Melco N1A & N1ZH/S 2nd Gen
I was fortunate to read some of highly reputed members posts around devialetchat and I noticed that Melco almost packs the end game as an audiophile NAS and Streaming. That is compared to competition like Aurender and TotalDac. 

Here I am highlighting some of the new hardware changes to the 2nd gen or Mk2 of their lineup. 

Changes for N1A Mk2 compared to Mk1 are: 
- New aluminum casing
- Weighs more, assuming better stability 
- PSU is Asymmetric (vs Symmetric on Mk1)
- Gen2 Capacitor bank is installed in N1A (vs non in Mk1)
- Equipped with Floating HDD Cradle (vs HDD mounter in Mk1)
- 60w PSU 

Changes for N1Z H/S Mk2 compared to Mk1 are: 
- New aluminum casing
- Weighs more
- PSU is Asymmetric (vs Symmetric on Mk1)
- Gen2+ for H and Gen2++ for S Capacitor banks (vs Gen1 in Mk1)
- Gen2+ and Gen2++ capacitor banks have audio grade film capacitors
- New processing logic with precision slow data writing and accurate high speed data retrieval 
- Dual power supplies 
- N1ZH2 has SSF with minimal electrical noise
- N1ZS2 has 2nd Gen SSD 
- 30w + 30w medical grade low noise PSU

The best feature "imho" is the addition of a dedicated Neutrik 2.0 USB-DAC port. Which is separated from their previous 3.0 universal USB ports which typically backward compatible to Devialet's USB port. We are not sure yet if the new streamer board will add USB 3.0.  

More features can be found in their website. I will attach a brief comparison of mk1 and mk2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
I was fortunate enough to get hold of one unit for home audition. My first impression last night, after ripping Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live album into Melco, was that streaming Tidal via i5 ROCK was free from network and electrical noises, I had a hard time differentiating the source, whether it’s from Tidal, the ripped digital file or direct from CD player. All settings are default. LAN port connected to the switch and Player port to Devialet.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Hi, both Melcos have already tested, old against new! Sad

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...elco+k4680
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
This is the first Melco I had listened to. Just sharing my first impression.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E