Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Moon Mind App v.1.1 Now Available !
For those of you using a Moon Mind streamer, some news from Simaudio - a new version of the Moon Mind app is now available !
http://www.simaudio.com/en/pr/69-new-min...tml?page=1

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/moon-mind/id579890921?mt=8

A familiar GUI but in a nice dark colour, They seem to have taken a cue from Linn's Kazoo. Seems more responsive than the previous version, now offers track file format info & sample rate, they finally added a "play now" button instead of having to select tracks and queue beforehand. Firmware updates are also possible via the app as well.

Downsides (and a biggie for me), when selecting the albums tab, I cannot get the albums to appear by artist. It sorts by album title rather than album artist.
I am running both the previous and new version of the app and the iPad to compare how the albums appear in the album tabs and the previous version looks right.
The album artist thing is kind of a deal breaker if it's not fixed.

Also noticed that the app is only available in landscape mode on an iPad. On the iPhone, the large albums covers are kind of cool the way they seemed tiled on the screen.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed but it's a step in the right direction.

If anyone else is using a Moon Mind and downloads this new app, please share your findings and impressions.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
For those who might be interested, the tech support folks from Simaudio reached out to me earlier today and confirmed that the viewing by album artists option is no longer available. After some discussion and reviewing other control points from Linn, Lumin, Naim, etc who offer this feature, they acknowledged that this might be something for them to look into integrating as well.

I also asked about the Tidal and other streaming services integration. Looks like Tidal will be added to the app and rolled out in the fall of 2015.

In the meantime, I'll need to figure out if I can add custom tags to Minimserver in order to get the view I want.

This gives me an idea for a poll. Any interest if I were to set up a poll asking how we view and like to access our music library via the various control points and apps.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
The Moon Mind app was updated (and renamed "MOON MiND Controller") a few days ago and now offers the ability to view albums by album artist rather than album title in album view. This was the missing element and important update for my needs. I can now use the app and not have to bother running third party control points such as Linn's Kazoo and Lumin's app in conjunction with BubbleUPnP Server on the QNAP.
Hallelujah! Pity I sold my Mind over a year ago. If only they'd sorted the software sooner.
My main issue with the app was when I backgrounded it to, say, surf the web using Safari. iOS would 'reap' the process to free memory. Unfortunately when I started it again it never quite worked. It seemed to have an issue with being backgrounded/reaped and not saving the state/or corrupting the state data when it was last foregrounded. I think killing the app and restarting solved it, can't remember.
Thanks for sharing that ! Did you ask them about Roon?