Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom 108 Has An Odd "Recognition" Sound
I just received a new Phantom, and the sound it makes to notify you which one it is sounds much worse than my old one. My old one makes a tsk than a beautiful gradient of bass. My new one makes a tsk than a staticky burp. Is this something that would be expected of a brand new speaker that burn in can fix? I'm quite new to the high end audio world.
Hmmm. I suspect something is wrong with your speaker.
@gzm
Could you provide a recording of the sound?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
It has been my experience that the various 'action sounds' have, sometimes, changed between firmware updates. Could that be the issue here?
do a factory reset and reinstall. if it still has this problem in exactly the same alignment and location, contact devialet.

It should sound at least the same or even better, which is my experience in the last month of testing phantoms gold to phantom 1, 108db.
The firmware was the same. It was one of the first things I checked. Regardless, it now sounds the same. Maybe it just needed to be broken in or something. The fact that it ever sounded different makes me nervous, but I guess the warranty can account for anything that might come up in the future.