Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom 108db serial numbers / how to tell an old gold vs new?
(14-Apr-2021, 20:58)Jamington2004 Wrote: Nope - U15 is new Matt Gold look at the previous posted pic Smile

Yes, my bad, I meant U15 is white matte , U13 Black Chrome
I have a question:

My upgrade program Dark Chrome starts with P10P and the new one I bought starts with P11P - any idea what it designates. 

BTW both end with U13. Wandering if upgrade program has anything to do with it?
(28-Apr-2021, 19:18)st33f Wrote: I have a question:

My upgrade program Dark Chrome starts with P10P and the new one I bought starts with P11P - any idea what it designates. 

No, the first three characters in the serial number simply denote the date of manufacture.  P is the year (2021) and the next two digits are the week number (i.e. 10 is w/c 8th March).  So yours are "hot off the press".
(14-Apr-2021, 18:35)Ebro Wrote: I think this can be really helpful this is a picture from my devialets with all the dates and s/numbers

Hi @Ebro. A group of us are trying to lay the puzzle of when Devialet put the new "V4?" Phantom internals into production (making the assumption that it was at one point in time, which may of course not be true if there are multiple production lines).  See the thread here. It would really help if you could post the first four digits of the serial number for each of your Phantoms showing the week of manufacture.  

I find it particularly interesting that your Gold purchased in March 2021 is a 4U04 unit whereas your April 2020 Golds, bought nearly a year earlier, are 4U10.  I am wondering whether the unit you bought in March 21 was actually made much earlier (maybe it was a refurb?) and if so when.  Everything else seems to suggest that the last four digits increase over time, i.e. a 4U10 unit is more recent than a 4U04.  My own Golds, made in July 2017, are 4U06.

Huh
Just a guess, the digits on the end represent TRIM aka the Color scheme.  I cant prove it right now but at some point made a correlation as i recall.
Since they evolved from the classics the colors seem to change with the seasons. Smile  which probably correlates to a bunch of different "SKUS"

Hi @st33f, If it's not too much trouble please could you confirm the Model No of your Dark Chrome Golds (it is printed on the bottom of the speaker and I believe on the shipping carton)?  All other Golds we have seen have model No MX207 but we don't have any data for Dark Chromes so it would be great to get it confirmed.

Many thanks in advance!
(24-Mar-2022, 11:16)struts Wrote:

Hi @st33f, If it's not too much trouble please could you confirm the Model No of your Dark Chrome Golds (it is printed on the bottom of the speaker and I believe on the shipping carton)?  All other Golds we have seen have model No MX207 but we don't have any data for Dark Chromes so it would be great to get it confirmed.

Many thanks in advance!

You can also see the numbers in the devialet app!
(25-Mar-2022, 08:29)Johnnydev Wrote: You can also see the numbers in the devialet app!

Interesting! Where is that? Poked around in the app but can only find the Serial No, not the Model No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25-Mar-2022, 09:46)struts Wrote:
(25-Mar-2022, 08:29)Johnnydev Wrote: You can also see the numbers in the devialet app!

Interesting!  Where is that?  Poked around in the app but can only find the Serial No, not the Model No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, you are right, in the app only the serial No.