Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Roon update - Roon 1.8, Build 880
There's a new Roon update posted a little while ago. The release notes don't mention anything specific to Devialet but there's the following comment in relation to streaming:

"We’ve completely overhauled Roon’s buffering and caching infrastructure for playing streaming content. The new implementation is designed to be less demanding when interacting with your network and internet connection, making streaming music both more stable and less intensive on your Roon Core. This should minimize playback interruptions from TIDAL and Qobuz, as well as making it possible for people with slower internet connections and networks to have a better and more reliable experience while using Roon. It will also ensure your Roon Core is more resilient to latency issues caused by content delivery networks (CDN) and the geographic distance from your source."

That may help anyone having problems with TIDAL or Qobuz. I have no idea if making Roon "less demanding when interacting with your network" will have any affect on problems some people have with RAAT.

The other changes are the usual Roon tinkering with things like search and interface functions. The full change log is available at  https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-...ive/181353  .
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
This would be great if it stops some of the problems people have had with streaming Roon.
I only have the 200 not the Pro version so I have the Nucleus to do my streaming.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England