Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New, and not sure what to do next!
Hi,

Never had one of these before - D200.
Arrived yesterday - last night with pure excitement emptied the box....
Looked at the (scant) instructions, and embarked on the registration... first question - it asks for a serial number!
Where the hell IS the serial number....??????
Got some vague info (almost none ) from google that it displays on power up????

BUT - this unit came from France so their voltage is different and there is nothing in the destructions that tells me if the thing is voltage auto-switching/ sensing or not?????

After being bitten by a hair drier I though was auto_switching so there is no way I am taking a chance like that.

Any hints chaps? - getting frustrating!

Thanks
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(07-May-2015, 09:09)teddlesdee Wrote: Hi,

Never had one of these before - D200.
Looked at the (scant) instructions, and embarked on the registration... first question - it asks for a serial number!

BUT - this unit came from France so their voltage is different and there is nothing in the destructions that tells me if the thing is voltage auto-switching/ sensing or not?????

After being bitten by a hair drier I though was auto_switching so there is no way I am taking a chance like that.

Thanks

Hi and welcome

In sure your will enjoy your D200

Your D200 serial number will be in a small white sticker on the inner packing box. A simple 6 to 8 digit number

I'm not sure about the voltage auto switch so I can't comment on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Never had one of these before  - D200.

Thanks
According to the spec sheet the powersupply is universal:
Universal power supply 110-120V / 220-240V - 50/60Hz | Auto-calibration | Country-specific power cord included

link: http://en.devialet.com/assets/Systems/co...ecs-EN.pdf
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
If there's no sticker on the box then you can see the Serial Number on the first page of the menu on the display on the Devialet. To be safe I would use what it says on the machine's display:

To access this - long press on the 'Tone' button on the remote. The first page that comes up will have several items of info including 'SN'. Long press to get out of the menu again.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(07-May-2015, 10:15)Eddye Wrote:

Never had one of these before  - D200.

Thanks
According to the spec sheet the powersupply is universal:
Universal power supply 110-120V / 220-240V - 50/60Hz | Auto-calibration | Country-specific power cord included

link: http://en.devialet.com/assets/Systems/co...ecs-EN.pdf

Thanks Guys - I will hunt for the Serial number, register, then hold my breath and plug in!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
don't worry. All will be fine.

Please let us know how does it sound in your setup

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
The weekend saw me connecting up the full system, after a tentative time persuading my Missus that she would eventually get to like the massive TRIANGLE DELTAS!
It was touch and go for a while with lots of reasons from her-in-doors as to why massive speakers were a bad idea, but I think Mrs xxx just gave up and threw the towel in...eventually!

So what is it like?

Well bearing in mind the setup is currently in the kitchen-dining room, and the floor is tiled, I was expecting a very poor sound...

In reality, yes it is a little boomy, which is only to be expected ant higher volumes give the room dynamics, with top a little coloured & middle registers a tad recessive and 'confused' at the moment, but good tight bass. However, with it turned down, much clearer and balanced...
I am aware that the Deltas with only about 10 hrs play-time will need a fair bit of running in, and same for the D200 & moon CD transport, however I cant see me leaving this system on 24/7 to 'bed in' as it would drive us all up the wall!  Sad Sad Sad

Looks like I have a lot of time to wait until I get to optimum....   Dodgy  and I am still working on the 'lounge' transfer. The plan is to get the Boss to actually use this setup herself in the Kitchen.... then if all goes well, go in for the 'kill' so-to-speak!... Wink  but I have no delusions...I guess this is gonna be quite an uphill struggle to persuade the Boss of that idea!  Angel
Hi

One way to accelerate the process of break in is to wire the speaker up out of phase so that one speaker's connections are the wrong way around (reversed polarity). Place the speakers close to each other and facing each other. Insert a CD that has a large soundstage and high dynamics (such as Orchestral music) and see if you can loop the CD to play continuously. Keep the volume low, and leave it like that preferably through the night or during the weekend. The speakers will not sound too high as they are cancelling each other. At the same time, the speakers will be stressed. Once done set the cable connection back to proper polarity.

Cheers

Dubai, UAE
Brake in takes a long time as I remember it, about 500 hours. Yes bass will be a bit boomy and un defined etc.

Also make sure that you have a clean power line as the Devialet will pick up any dirt on a bad mains line. Dedicated mains for the system is highly recommended or if there is a mains problem a filterbox but beware many filterboxes will kill some dynamics.

Be patient/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(12-May-2015, 06:12)amabrok Wrote: Hi

One way to accelerate the process of break in is to wire the speaker up out of phase so that one speaker's connections are the wrong way around (reversed polarity). Place the speakers close to each other and facing each other. Insert a CD that has a large soundstage and high dynamics (such as Orchestral music) and see if you can loop the CD to play continuously. Keep the volume low, and leave it like that preferably through the night or during the weekend. The speakers will not sound too high as they are cancelling each other. At the same time, the speakers will be stressed. Once done set the cable connection back to proper polarity.

Cheers

Might try that... However I will have to see what the resultant 'noise' is like as we sleep in the room above! May have to relocate temporarily.