Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New, and not sure what to do next!
(12-May-2015, 08:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Brake in takes a long time as I remember it, about 500 hours. Yes bass will be a bit boomy and un defined etc.

Also make sure that you have a clean power line as the Devialet will pick up any dirt on a bad mains line. Dedicated mains for the system is highly recommended or if there is a mains problem a filterbox but beware many filterboxes will kill some dynamics.

Be patient/Mike

Interesting Mikeeo. I asked a similar question to the dealer who sold the D200 to me and another down south, and their inference was that expesive mains cables were an overkill, and to use the mains cable supplied or equivalent!

I have no idea what is right, as I was originally on-the-hunt forRuss Andrews / Kimber Reference PowerKord Mains Cable, but abandoned the idea after talking to them. Huh
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
One more thing!

Phase is important on the Devialet and on the units it is the left pin if you visualize the IEC inlet pins as a V.
This is not the same as the phase shift option that you may have on the remote control.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
So if you look at the back of the Devialet, it's the right pin of the IEC ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(12-May-2015, 08:38)teddlesdee Wrote:
(12-May-2015, 08:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Brake in takes a long time as I remember it, about 500 hours. Yes bass will be a bit boomy and un defined etc.

Also make sure that you have a clean power line as the Devialet will pick up any dirt on a bad mains line. Dedicated mains for the system is highly recommended or if there is a mains problem a filterbox but beware many filterboxes will kill some dynamics.

Be patient/Mike

Interesting Mikeeo. I asked a similar question to the dealer who sold the D200 to me and another down south, and their inference was that expesive mains cables were an overkill, and to use the mains cable supplied or equivalent!

I have no idea what is right, as I was originally on-the-hunt forRuss Andrews / Kimber Reference PowerKord Mains Cable, but abandoned the idea after talking to them. Huh

I can only tell my own experience with this! Dedicated mains and spur made the single biggest upgrade ever. After that I would say, play around with mains cables as they definitely make a difference. The problem with mains cables is that they offer no logic what so ever and the only way to decide is to listen. I would say that mains cables have the biggest impact on any gear. I was a non believer until I heard what the 'right' mains cable can do. My first was the JPS Kaptovator which actually gave a hike in performance (and bettering) compared to adding a DAC and PSU from Naim (at the time I had a CDX2 unit) . You will for sure understand what I mean when you hear it because you will!
The right mains cable does not necessary mean expensive.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(12-May-2015, 08:43)ledesc Wrote: So if you look at the back of the Devialet, it's the right pin of the IEC ?

Correct! So your mains cable need to have the phase on the left 'hole'.

/Mike
this seems to be the default pin as all my Furutech plugs have a golden screw on exactly this pin. The other screw is silver...
btw., as my Devialets are fixed on the wall I'm using a cheap installation cable with solid core conductors (5x1,5mm² halogen free). This clearly beats all expensive power cords I ever tried. This is of course not allowed if you can move the attached device to avoid broken conductors. Another good an cheap option is the Lapp Robust 210 7x1,5mm² which was superior to all other cables we had in a comparsion (up to 500€ cables).
The power cable really makes a big difference for the Devialet.
(12-May-2015, 09:35)Vivialet Wrote: this seems to be the default pin as all my Furutech plugs have a golden screw on exactly this pin. The other screw is silver...
btw., as my Devialets are fixed on the wall I'm using a cheap installation cable with solid core conductors (5x1,5mm² halogen free). This clearly beats all expensive power cords I ever tried. This is of course not allowed if you can move the attached device to avoid broken conductors. Another good an cheap option is the Lapp Robust 210 7x1,5mm² which was superior to all other cables we had in a comparsion (up to 500€ cables).
The power cable really makes a big difference for the Devialet.

Confused OMG! Well chaps, I will have to read/re-read/re-re-read & try to assimilate these posts to decipher what steps I need to take next then.

I see the speaker cable have turned up, so I can route them over the doorway & reconnect my system tonight, equal length obviously, so I will have to try to find a way of hiding the excess loops for the lh speaker!

No idea what these cables will be like - being Van Damme Blue studio grade (whatever that means!)... Again, an impulse buy to get me out of a hole. Don't know anything about them... until I found some reviews!

Much better than I had ever expected! We will see if that pans out in reality... will come back...

cheers
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.