Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New beginning with Devialet 250 and Apple hardware
Thank you!
What do these settings mean in detail and what has to be set?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Auto dim is turn off the display (after x seconds) when this input is in use. Pass thru is if the input (and your speakers) is used for L/R in a home theatre system. As volume is controlled by the HT amp a fixed volume level is set so your main speakers have the correct loudness. Trig out is simply a trigger voltage to for example start your subwoofer when this input is in use. ICM (Intelligent Cinema Mode) is supposed to enhance film sound.

In Configurator there should be a "mouse over" explanation for each of these.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks!

I will look for the 'mouse over' next time.

So the settings above should be fine for stereo.
Just Auto dim could be added if wanted.
(28-Oct-2021, 13:53)Nightmare Wrote: Thanks for the hint. I wasn't aware of that.

But the Optical 1 (close to USB) was my planned port anyway.

Did anyone compare AIR vs USB vs OPTICAL?

Anyone using an AppleTV for feeding the Devialet?

I will give this line up a try...

It is my understanding that Apple TV does not support Hi-Res streaming above 24bit/48Khz. So all music above that will be downsampled by Apple TV to 48Khz.
Therefore, I use Apple TV for watching videos feeding the sound into the Devialet. For Hi-Res listening of music above 48Khz I use Ethernet connection between my Mac and the Devialet. Using Roon allows me to easily control via my iPhone or iPad.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I guess you are right with no Hi-Res support.

Thought about Roon a few years ago.
I have now connected my AppleTV3 with the Devialet via Toslink. It all sounds very reasonable. Unfortunately the ATV3 does not support losless audio. For that I would need an ATV4, which in turn has no digital audio output. I would then have to pull the audio data from the HDMI. Anyone have experience with it?