Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
Trying it now. I'm not finding it a massive difference so far but definitely better. It sounds cleaner, less jitter, particularly in mid to high end. A little more detail as a result.
Just for kicks, has anyone tried to play a DSD file? There's been speculation that Devialet would add support for DSD, but I'm curious how they will implement this with SAM and digital volume.
Just installed and giving it a try. Will spend some time listening before passing judgement on what I think I may be hearing but I am encountering one glitch with the Lumin app on the iPad. The time ring to the right of the controls is now dimmed and no longer indicating remaining track length and the app is a little more sluggish. It was working pretty well before the 7.1.3 update.

Note: I do not have a Lumin streamer, I am using an iPad app to control a Moon Mind streamer and running Minimserver and BubbleUPnP Server on my NAS. Perhaps its unrelated but it does seem odd that this feature would disappear after a firmware update.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(30-Apr-2015, 17:30)Ants Wrote: Just installed and giving it a try. Will spend some time listening before passing judgement on what I think I may be hearing but I am encountering one glitch with the Lumin app on the iPad. The time ring to the right of the controls is now dimmed and no longer indicating remaining track length and the app is a little more sluggish. It was working pretty well before the 7.1.3 update.

Note: I do not have a Lumin streamer, I am using an iPad app to control a Moon Mind streamer and running Minimserver and BubbleUPnP Server on my NAS. Perhaps its unrelated but it does seem odd that this feature would disappear after a firmware update.

I'm not sure how would Devialet firmware affect the performance of Lumin app.

I mean, the app runs on ur iPad to control your Moon Mind to stream music from ur Minimserver . So how can Devialet interfere here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
OK have done the firmware upgrade, nothing startling sound wise but I do have an annoying electronic tapping noise constantly on my phono input?
Am I right in assuming that you have to run the configurator from scratch when the upgrade is finished? I am just wondering if I have done something wrong when I did that.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
If I'd take the leap, can one always downgrade again using the same procedure?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
I take back my previous comments about not hearing much difference. This is really good! if it is full range SAM though then I guess improvements will differ for everyone dependent on what speakers they have.
(30-Apr-2015, 18:27)iamwappie Wrote: If I'd take the leap, can one always downgrade again using the same procedure?

Yes you can go back to previous firmware versions granted you have the firmware package (the 17 files)

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(30-Apr-2015, 18:12)amabrok Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 17:30)Ants Wrote: Just installed and giving it a try. Will spend some time listening before passing judgement on what I think I may be hearing but I am encountering one glitch with the Lumin app on the iPad. The time ring to the right of the controls is now dimmed and no longer indicating remaining track length and the app is a little more sluggish. It was working pretty well before the 7.1.3 update.

I'm not sure how would Devialet firmware affect the performance of Lumin app.

I mean, the app runs on ur iPad to control your Moon Mind to stream music from ur Minimserver . So how can Devialet interfere here?

I am asking myself the same question. It makes no sense. Currently testing other control points. Will also power cycle the NAS, turn off/on the apps and try again. Worst case, will revert to previous firmware to see if this actually makes a difference.  
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(30-Apr-2015, 18:35)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I take back my previous comments about not hearing much difference. This is really good! if it is full range SAM though then I guess improvements will differ for everyone dependent on what speakers they have.

And of course whether their speakers are SAMified!

This is the best I've ever heard my Devialets sound. 

Playing the Bucky Pizarelli Trio, so basically 3 jazz guitarists... all midrange and highs. It's a 24/192 FLAC and it's a massively detailed recording.

The sounds are coming from quite different directions, like further into the room with the speakers disappearing more. The imaging has really improved and any trace of edginess is gone, it's so natural sounding! This is superb.  Smile 

Guillaume 
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK