Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New d400 user
Hello everybody.

I have recently received a second d200 and upgraded to d400.

I'm a bit disappointed.. I'm hearing a less focused sound, less dynamic and flat, compared to d200.

Tried a normal short 50cm, and a Van den Hul 1mt, 75ohm cable to connect them. Tried also a coax to aes/ebu cable.. Did non noticed differences..

Each d200 sound ok.

Has anyone got any advice?

Thank You very much
Ale
Hello Ale

Have you triple-checked that all configurations are absolutely identical in each unit? You can scroll through everything on the display and check HW and SW versions on both units match up.

Happened to me when I first went 200=>400 - reinstalling the software to each one sorted it all out.

There is NO WAY that the 400 sounds worse than the 200 if everything is working properly.

Good luck.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I agree with Zappydev; If everything is done properly in the config, it should sound a lot better. Im Extremely happy with my D400 setup, sounds awesome
‘Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
It’s important to get the speaker connections right and only use the positive (red) terminals-which is counter intuitive . I got this wrong when I first switched to dual mono. I still got sound out of both speakers, but it sounded just like @alecog describes. They must be hooked up exactly, as in the shot below.
Welcome to the forum by the way!

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thank you for your kind feedback.

The only difference I can see between the two is this:
in the "SOFTWARE" screen the value "HW" is "0.0", in the other one is "1.0".

(firmware is the same: 10.1.0)

Speakers are connected in the right way..

Ale

Roon core on Win7 Pc core i7, Devialet 400, Usher Be20
Hmm, probably there are others more qualified to answer. My software says 5.0.0 on both units in HW, with same firmware as you have
when I setup my mono's I had to reinstall the same firmware on both and confirm via the display. I have 3 memory chips - 1 firmware, 1 config for master and 1 for companion. I made sure I formatted the chips and then proceeded to download each. The D400 is a wonderful system in the Devialet offerings. Should be blowing your socks off with its SQ.

Can you share what else in in your system? Possibly put it in your signature?

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(16-Feb-2019, 16:14)JosteinW Wrote: Hmm, probably there are others more qualified to answer. My software says  5.0.0 on both units in HW, with same firmware as you have

Click again one time and you will see a screen titled "SOFTWARE".

The last item in thies screen is "HW".

Which value do you see?

oh yes, my mistake. HW is 1.0 on Master and 0.0 on Companion’ .
Sorry for misleading
Despite both units displayed 10.1.0, I made firmware upgrade.

One unit started the upgrade procedure (as the firmware was not the same as that in the sd card).
The other one did not (as the firmare in the unit was the same as in the sd card).

Can anyone confirm that if the firmare in the sd card is the same stored in the unit, the upgrade procedure does not start?

Thank you!!
Ale