Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New dos2 stereo deferent firmwares
Got my second phantom today.
After long wating update to d2 iv notices that one is in version 2.8.1 and the new one is 2.8.3 how come?

Both are air play Bluetooth new versions.
If the new one was brand new from the factory it may have shipped with an older (or newer) firmware version.

Have you tried manually forcing an update? Go into the app, navigate to the 'Welcome Home' screen, hit the cogwheel in the top left corner and select System Update.

[edit] Do the two speakers have different hardware versions? Check the first four characters in the serial numbers are the same, if not that could be the explanation.
Same problem here.. I have updated my speakers at the same time to DOS2, but still one speakers is on 2.8.1 and the other on 2.8.3.

Tried to update, but system is up to date according to devialet app
(21-Nov-2019, 22:28)Walzu Wrote: Same problem here.. I have updated my speakers at the same time to DOS2, but still one speakers is on 2.8.1 and the other on 2.8.3.

Are they from different vintages (are the first four characters in the serial numbers different)?  If so that might be the explanation, different hardware versions require different firmware versions..
(21-Nov-2019, 22:42)struts Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 22:28)Walzu Wrote: Same problem here.. I have updated my speakers at the same time to DOS2, but still one speakers is on 2.8.1 and the other on 2.8.3.

Are they from different vintages (are the first four characters in the serial numbers different)?  If so that might be the explanation, different hardware versions require different firmware versions..
I bought them the same day, but the serial number range is different indeed. Bit strange to have two different hardware versions then.. one was on stock and the order one was ordered, so that can explain it. Still I hope this will not affect sound in any way
Both are the same characters.
L47p
(21-Nov-2019, 22:52)eladeb Wrote: Both are the same  characters.
L47p

Hmmm, and manually trying to force an update (see my earlier post) doesn't bring them in line?
Nope (:
(21-Nov-2019, 23:25)eladeb Wrote: Nope (:

Sorry, I'm out of ideas  Huh
Il buy another one with firmware 2.8.2 just in case (;