Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New firmware
It’s great, better.
the equalizer is very subtle, also great
Do the latency settings effect the quality of the sound or does it just create a bigger buffer?
1) As far as the upgrade was not seamless for me.  One Phantom failed to upgrade but probably on me since i had days previously pushed the power button to turn that one OFF.  Turning it back on with the power button and it updated just fine. Docs say the only way to exit power off is by pushing the button. so probably by design.

** The real issue is the dialog updated but was reset to factory defaults. 

*I SIMPLY needed to use the phone App to find the dialog and set it up again and all is good.

(which caused me a moment of frustration/panic in the middle of upgrade process, i have had two silvers (Circa H and L series) bricked during upgrades in the past so always a little hesitant and anxious)

2) WOW - this is maybe the best news ever, re: the supported-documented WEB API Heart love it... my #1 request from the beginning.... Super exited to start working with the API, it seems pretty straight forward and all mostly as one would expect after a quick 1st read.  This in addition to all of the other goodness is huge progress.

scott-
Wow! i just updated and already loving the EQ. very handy for watching movies. Cant wait to play with the HTTP API and finally finish my Alexa app.
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU
(28-Jan-2022, 12:16)edgecrush3r Wrote: Wow! i just updated and already loving the EQ. very handy for watching movies. Cant wait to play with the HTTP API and finally finish my Alexa app.

what would be possible with th HTTP API, Thinking Amazon music HD through Alexa?
(28-Jan-2022, 13:46)frogster99 Wrote: RE: what would be possible with th HTTP API, Thinking Amazon music HD through Alexa?

Its plumbing for remote control of or in Devialet terms, to Pilot your devices. As currently defined, the api enables a web interface to control the speakers/system like using the devialet app,Start input Pause, set the volume of a speaker group. The docs mention plans/capability to add additional functionality so what it can do will change but its not an "audio" interface. (UPNP is though). As i read it, https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...5207423378  you would still need the APP to setup your rooms (systems using the api terms)  but then using that reference can build an app (remote control) to drive your system. One could have a voice interface wrapping the control API, "Hal play me some TV." which effectively automates punching the right buttons on your devialet app. or "Hal turn the music up"  I think with Alexa that's called a SKILL and one could teach Alexa a new Skill to control the phantoms via this new API perhaps, but i dont use that so just an educated guess.... how feasible that is from an alexa/plug-in perspective.  Check out that API reference,  you can get a feel for what is possible from descriptions about the APIs function, even if the API detail is a bunch of blah blah blah.   So far not having much luck with the API yet but still early in the journey and have much to learn.
(29-Jan-2022, 06:13)scotthar Wrote:
(28-Jan-2022, 13:46)frogster99 Wrote: RE: what would be possible with th HTTP API, Thinking Amazon music HD through Alexa?
Thank you that makes sense.
Hope you can figure it out.

Its plumbing for remote control of or in Devialet terms, to Pilot your devices. As currently defined, the api enables a web interface to control the speakers/system like using the devialet app,Start input Pause, set the volume of a speaker group. The docs mention plans/capability to add additional functionality so what it can do will change but its not an "audio" interface. (UPNP is though). As i read it, https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...5207423378  you would still need the APP to setup your rooms (systems using the api terms)  but then using that reference can build an app (remote control) to drive your system. One could have a voice interface wrapping the control API, "Hal play me some TV." which effectively automates punching the right buttons on your devialet app. or "Hal turn the music up"  I think with Alexa that's called a SKILL and one could teach Alexa a new Skill to control the phantoms via this new API perhaps, but i dont use that so just an educated guess.... how feasible that is from an alexa/plug-in perspective.  Check out that API reference,  you can get a feel for what is possible from descriptions about the APIs function, even if the API detail is a bunch of blah blah blah.   So far not having much luck with the API yet but still early in the journey and have much to learn.
With the new firmware and app, I can no longer access ARCH’s settings. The screen where “line” to “phono” can be changed, etc. As soon as I hit settings, the app immediately closes. Settings screen for the Phantom speakers work fine. Can you guys please verify that ARCH’s setting can or cannot be accessed with the new app on your end? I’ve tried resetting the ARCH as well as the speakers and also deleting and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists.
(30-Jan-2022, 04:34)invictus005 Wrote: With the new firmware and app, I can no longer access ARCH’s settings. The screen where “line” to “phono” can be changed, etc. As soon as I hit settings, the app immediately closes. Settings screen for the Phantom speakers work fine. Can you guys please verify that ARCH’s setting can or cannot be accessed with the new app on your end? I’ve tried resetting the ARCH as well as the speakers and also deleting and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists.

Having exactly the same problem here with the Arch…
Thank you for checking and verifying the problem. If you have not done so, please submit this info to Devialet. The more of us contact them, the quicker they will do something about it. Essentially the new app makes ARCH unusable and that is a very big problem and oversight on their end.