Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New firmware 2.16.1 and rebooting
I have four Phantoms (two Golds, two Reactors) and updated them all to the new firmware yesterday. Now all of four them will reboot every few minutes, at the same time. It’s very weird. 

Today I saw Devialet.com appears to be down too! Very weird. 

Anyone else seeing similar behaviour?
@booshtukka
That's very strange. The single Phantom I 105 that's not packed for shipment is behaving as it should after the update. No problems with Devialet.com either.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(21-Nov-2022, 10:34)booshtukka Wrote: I have four Phantoms (two Golds, two Reactors) and updated them all to the new firmware yesterday. Now all of four them will reboot every few minutes, at the same time. It’s very weird. 

Today I saw Devialet.com appears to be down too! Very weird. 

Anyone else seeing similar behaviour?

Nope.  My Golds are behaving as normal (still intermittent dropouts on RAAT but fine on Spotify Connect).  No reboots.

Also, the site seems to be working fine, but maybe that was just a temporary issue.
Yeah, maybe the site was a temporary issue. But all four of my Phantoms are rebooting like every five minutes. And one of the Phantom IIs is showing a blinking red then purple light. I've had to turn them all off because the reboot sound was driving me crazy.
(24-Nov-2022, 22:47)booshtukka Wrote: Yeah, maybe the site was a temporary issue. But all four of my Phantoms are rebooting like every five minutes. And one of the Phantom IIs is showing a blinking red then purple light. I've had to turn them all off because the reboot sound was driving me crazy.

I think you should contact Devialet support. Please keep us updated.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have done. They finally called me yesterday, and we managed to send them a data report (difficult because the Phantoms kept rebooting while generating the report). We did notice my wifi being unstable while the report was being generated, so I restarted my entire network (which is not trivial, it’s a reasonably complex network) and since then they’ve not restarted.

So it seems like an unstable network can be enough to make them reboot. It’s great news that this seems okay. The issue was sporadic and it’s only been working for like 14 hours so I will reserve judgement a bit longer.

Sadly while factory resetting one of the Phantom II’s according to Devialet’s instructions, it seems to have got stuck in this blinking light state. I can no longer factory reset it or connect to it. Devialet are investigating this now.
Weirdly, four days later the Phantom II light went solid white and let me reset it!

But the rest of the Phantoms are still rebooting frequently. Devialet support called me until we managed to get them to successfully send an error report. Waiting to hear back now.
Yes, I also have 2 Phantoms I, 1 Dione, 1 Mania — all of them will reboot if your Wifi is unstable..

Invest into your home strong and reliable wifi network and reboots will gone. Also consider using Ethernet where possible.

Also you can use Ethernet cable to interconnect Phantoms between each other — then they will inter-pass network between each other.
They’re all on Ethernet and nothing else seems to glitch - the two phantom Is are attached to a different network switch than the IIs, but when they reboot, all 4 of them do. So that would indicate my entire network must be unstable? How can I troubleshoot that?
Maybe you can go to the router setup and try to use only 2.4 or 5.0 GHz to see if it can be more stable.