Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New flagship store opening!
The other bit of news I came across is that Devialet are opening a "flagship store" at Westfield White City, near Shepherd's Bush in London.

Opening is in mid-November.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
This is most excellent news! It means that I'm one travel card and an hour or so away from discussing AIR and Dialog compatibility with Expert etc with some one in person. Might be a waste of a travel card though?
(11-Nov-2015, 23:07)Confused Wrote: This is most excellent news!  It means that I'm one travel card and an hour or so away from discussing AIR and Dialog compatibility with Expert etc with some one in person.  Might be a waste of a travel card though?

I have been told early 2016 for that...
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
I'm not convinced talking with a floor person inside some Devialet retail store is any guarantee of increased credibility or hedge against a lesser-qualified/accurate response than via any/every other method previously or currently available.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(11-Nov-2015, 23:52)Manoet Wrote: I'm not convinced talking with a floor person inside some Devialet retail store is any guarantee of increased credibility or hedge against a lesser-qualified/accurate response than via any/every other method previously or currently available.

Agreed!  They can only say what their management will let them say, assuming management even tell the in store guys what is going on.  But you could still look them in the eye and tell them what's annoying you, maybe they'd pass it on?  I kind of agree it's probably pointless though.
Bingo! And any sharp floor sales person is gonna rapidly learn middle management doesn't want to hear it. I doubt any CS Rep passes on all the bad stuff he's forced to endure via email on a daily basis. They may have tried to pass it on last year or the year before. I doubt it happens today even rarely. Just a guess on my part.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I'm quite interested in popping along for a listening session (assuming that that's on offer); I'd be keen to understand how good Phantoms are, whether it's worth upgrading to a 800, what different brands of speakers sound like powered by a Devialet.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
presumably this replaces the Harrods outlet which is hardly any distance away ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Both stores mentioned in a job listing...

http://fr.devialet.com/jobs/sales-associate-mf/
(12-Nov-2015, 21:04)IanG-UK Wrote: presumably this replaces the Harrods outlet which is hardly any distance away ...

Hi Ian,

Advert says "In a collective adventure in our London flagship stores (Harrods & Westfield – opening soon)", so assume that there will be 2 stores?

I am  in London later today and intend popping in to Harrods (will be with wife, so time with Devialet may be limited Tongue ). Will do a bit of "digging" re AIR. and Dialog with Expert range - not that I am expecting any sensible/credible answers, but give me a chance to air (no pun intended) frustrations Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK