Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New issues found - unstable Dolby Atmos via Apple TV
Hi there,

meanwhile I am really pissed. Things not getting better, just getting worse. 
Stating issues to be fixed with the last app version 1.2 I found even more.
Yesterday I viewed Black Adam 4K with Dolby Atmos. 
The Dione recognises Atmos correctly.
But after around half an hour it stops playing Atmos. Nothing helps. As soon as switching to a different format it starts playing again. Switching between different sources doesn't help as well. Only a reboot helps. But only for fairly half an hour. Then same game again.
To be honest - even I still find the sound great - but the user experience with the Dione really sucks.
How do you know it doesn't come from the TV, the application or Apple TV ?
A soundbar is quite passive in regards to the stream, it decodes what is sent by the TV.
a soundbar of this caliber must work it doesn't exist that after a certain amount of time it loses the signal or other things, the sound is sensational but I confirm a general instability that makes you lose any hype, at the moment I'm trying to understand why the volume via hdmi drops from Alone
(22-Mar-2023, 11:22)kraken Wrote: How do you know it doesn't come from the TV, the application or Apple TV ?
A soundbar is quite passive in regards to the stream, it decodes what is sent by the TV.

The soundbar is not anything but passive. It has to take the part of decoding as your AVR.
In my setting the ATV is connected directly to the Dione and not via TV.
My source equipment does not change when I changed to the Dione. Never expercienced so much mess as with the Dione.

It is the poor software development of the Dione.
The same happened for the Phantoms. The need a year to have a fairly stable running version.
By passive I mean that the soundbar is not able to choosing the kind of stream it receives, and not dynamically.
Supported formats are probed by the TV, but then a format is chosen and the soundbar must decode it.

You said "it stops playing Atmos" and what I'm saying is that you may experience some decoding issues but the soundbar is not responsible for the format to change.
(24-Mar-2023, 10:25)kraken Wrote: By passive I mean that the soundbar is not able to choosing the kind of stream it receives, and not dynamically.
Supported formats are probed by the TV, but then a format is chosen and the soundbar must decode it.

You said "it stops playing Atmos" and what I'm saying is that you may experience some decoding issues but the soundbar is not responsible for the format to change.

You did not get my point. The format did not change. And there is no TV in the path.
It is direclty connecting Apple TV as streaming client.
It is what is shown in Devialet App. No Atmos anymore and playing sound stops.
(27-Mar-2023, 10:54)hulster Wrote:
(24-Mar-2023, 10:25)kraken Wrote: By passive I mean that the soundbar is not able to choosing the kind of stream it receives, and not dynamically.

You did not get my point. The format did not change. And there is no TV in the path.
It is direclty connecting Apple TV as streaming client.
It is what is shown in Devialet App. No Atmos anymore and playing sound stops.

Hello, ive been lurking in these formus for about 12 months.

I have a Dione and an Apple box. I had been receiving some issues but they are resolved now.

Did you fix your issue?