Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phantoms and suffering issues
Hi all,

Could someone possibly help...? I've been using a single silver phantom for a while now and love it. Just today my new second phantom and dialogue was delivered. Disappointingly, I've barely been able to get a stable connection at all since!!! 

I've got the dialogue plugged into my network via a power line, but surely that's not the issue is it? The phantoms seem to randomly swap between PLC and wifi, and they are often playing out of sync. Hugely disappointed given my original excitement of having another one!

Any clues?
It probably is the issue.You need a cable between the dialog and your router.
Hi
If you've got only two phantoms.. my advice is to use a network Ethernet cable on all your three devices... that's the best trouble free option...even if you have to use a gigabit switch if you lack the ports in your router....
And do the factory reset before starting the setup from scratch...

Good luck 
Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I'm sure Ethernet connected all over is the bullet prof option. That said, since a couple of firmware updates ago, I have had no issues with a setup where the dialog is connected over Ethernet and the phantoms are wireless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the Plc you are using on the dialog will be the issue. It will be interfering with the internal Plc used by the dialog and phantoms. I believe that the phantoms/dialogs try to connect on Plc first then drop to wifi if Plc is unstable. Your own Plc unit will be interfering with this process.

If your dialog is too far away from your router to connect via Ethernet, try an Apple Airport Express in wifi client mode. I have this setup and has worked flawlessly.
From past experience I would say it is most important to do a factory reset on the Dialog and the 2 Phantoms and then hopefully all will be well.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50