Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
Thinking about the Devialet OS Board - if you buy a new Pro unit now, does it also include the board or do you have to pay 1500EUR to get it in 2017? Will the prices all rise in 2017?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(06-Sep-2016, 21:59)wiresandmore Wrote: Thinking about the Devialet OS Board - if you buy a new Pro unit now, does it also include the board or do you have to pay 1500EUR to get it in 2017? Will the prices all rise in 2017?

If you upgrade to PRO the streamerboard will not be included now but when it is available in 2017 you will get it without a charge and I suppose it is mounted by a dealer or your self if that is possible.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I bought my D200 new, then bought the companion second hand. Devialet are still offering me the upgrade for £3490 down from £4490 and the free OS board when it is released.
It says in the body of the text:To show our appreciation for your trust, we have reserved a special Expert Pro Upgrade offer exclusively for recent Expert Le 400 owners:
It says at the bottom: You are receiving this email because you opted-in in the Upgrade Priority List
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Sep-2016, 10:33)Axel Wrote: I bought my D200 new, then bought the companion second hand. Devialet are still offering me the upgrade for £3490 down from £4490 and the free OS board when it is released.
They should be offering everyone else the same deal IMO.

Great deal! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(07-Sep-2016, 10:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 10:33)Axel Wrote: I bought my D200 new, then bought the companion second hand. Devialet are still offering me the upgrade for £3490 down from £4490 and the free OS board when it is released.

Great deal! Smile

Guillaume

I agree! I wasn't going to bother with the upgrade, but this seems to good to miss.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Sep-2016, 10:40)Axel Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 10:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Great deal! Smile

Guillaume

I agree! I wasn't going to bother with the upgrade, but this seems to good to miss.  Smile

Your companion unit was bought by the previous or say the first owner in year 2016? 

If yes, it might  be the reason you were offered special price of upgrade.
All very bizarre!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Bizarre?

Arbitrary?

The whole thing stinks!!
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
So let me understand this, Devialet ask people to register interest in the new update program and would be offered a special deal. The people that registered are now getting that special deal.

So why does them delivering on their promise stink?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Take off your blinkers and look a lot further back from the 'Upgrade Programme'.

This is not sour grapes from me, but point of note, not all who registered (and acknowledged by Devialet) are offered 'special deals'. Just a select few that seem to be arbitrarily chosen by 'Judith'. What is it? Let's pick you out of a hat type of deal? A lottery?

Probably done to death here already, but look back at how the 'upgrade' surfaced, despite promised features not actually working on what most of us bought. 3-letter word, beginning with 'A'. Wrap it up with new efficiency patents and wow, we should all be thankful. But wait, you have to upgrade if you want the new streamer board, next year mind you, which lo and behold will finally deliver what was previously promised.

I have seen your previous posts NickB, so if you want to debate, let's go ....... if you want to argue, save your breath
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)