Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
Hang in there guys. Good things are worth waiting for. I'm pretty sure something good, if not great, will be announced soon.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Just been to a devialet store, because of a few questions about the trade-in program and the d200. Obviously I also tried to get news from the salesperson about the upcoming release. Here's what I heard about the expert line:

- there's a new d1000 coming up soon. Whether this will come as a software update or hardware upgrade of the 800 or entirely new hardware he did not tell, but apparently it is going to be a dual setup.
- it's 'likely' that the release also contains a new firmware for all lines
- when asking about timeline he referred to the next 2 weeks.
Cool!
(06-May-2016, 13:38)Sesondhe Wrote: Just been to a devialet store, because of a few questions about the trade-in program and the d200. Obviously I also tried to get news from the salesperson about the upcoming release. Here's what I heard about the expert line:

- there's a new d1000 coming up soon. Whether this will come as a software update or hardware upgrade of the 800 or entirely new hardware he did not tell, but apparently it is going to be a dual setup.

My guess is new hardware - the sales guy that I spoke to in Paris recently mentioned something about leveraging the new motherboard they developed for the O d'A. 

Hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to get a power uplift from the firmware, but my guess is a further iteration of the O d'A, but less "exclusive".
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(06-May-2016, 16:20)ozthepoz Wrote:
(06-May-2016, 13:38)Sesondhe Wrote: Just been to a devialet store, because of a few questions about the trade-in program and the d200. Obviously I also tried to get news from the salesperson about the upcoming release. Here's what I heard about the expert line:

My guess is new hardware - the sales guy that I spoke to in Paris recently mentioned something about leveraging the new motherboard they developed for the O d'A. 

Hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to get a power uplift from the firmware, but my guess is a further iteration of the O d'A, but less "exclusive".

If it's the minor upgrades introduced in the O d'A, I wouldn't be to concerned as an existing expert owner.

Now if they do a hardware upgrade to the digital side of things as well that would cause some wallets to want to open.  I still think to fix Air it's going to take a hardware upgrade, no driver takes 2 years to fix.  Not even ATI takes that long to fix a driver.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

They've just sold the last Od'A or are about to, releasing a new D1000 makes no sense. Perhaps they'll make the Od'A 1000W (isn't there still only 650W PSU's inside it BTW?) through a firmware upgrade like already mentioned here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...7#pid39877
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-May-2016, 16:45)Antoine Wrote: They've just sold the last Od'A or are about to, releasing a new D1000 makes no sense. Perhaps they'll make the Od'A 1000W (isn't there still only 650W PSU's inside it BTW?) through a firmware upgrade like already mentioned here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...7#pid39877

I've bought but not yet been able to pickup my Od'A. Fingers crossed it's not obsolete before I plug it in for the first time....
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
(06-May-2016, 21:02)dbilling64 Wrote:
(06-May-2016, 16:45)Antoine Wrote: They've just sold the last Od'A or are about to, releasing a new D1000 makes no sense. Perhaps they'll make the Od'A 1000W (isn't there still only 650W PSU's inside it BTW?) through a firmware upgrade like already mentioned here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...7#pid39877

I've bought but not yet been able to pickup my Od'A. Fingers crossed it's not obsolete before I plug it in for the first time....

I'd be happy to take an obsolete Od'A off your hands   Big Grin
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB

I'll offer a tenner more than ozthepoz .......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(07-May-2016, 10:46)Confused Wrote:

I'll offer a tenner more than ozthepoz .......

Trust you, in post number 1971 (the year of decimalisation), to post about money. 

Good job you didn't say ten guineas (£10 and 10/- for those under 55).
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England