Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New spark
It is now really getting better, the only things i am missing now is a better layout for browsing my music. Instead om the tiny album art and listview, i would rally love to browse my album in a tile view, like the one generated in the now playing view.

And i would also love network codes for remote control of input and volume, so i could integrate it into my irule remote setup.

Keep up the goof work !

Best regards Lars
(16-Apr-2016, 06:28)Gaustabl Wrote: It is now really getting better, the only things i am missing now is a better layout for browsing my music. Instead om the tiny album art and listview, i would rally love to browse my album in a tile view, like the one generated in the now playing view.

And i would also love network codes for remote control of input and volume, so i could integrate it into my irule remote setup.

Keep up the goof work !

Best regards Lars

Indeed it is. 

But I don´t get why when I click an Artist, I get "Albums". When I click Albums I see all the albums I have.. The "Albums" view should be removed.
They need to sort out NAS compatibility and landscape view on iPads. The latter is especially irritating, I am surprised that Apple took on the Phantoms without this being sorted first.
(17-Apr-2016, 19:53)Rodrat2 Wrote: They need to sort out NAS compatibility and landscape view on iPads. The latter is especially irritating, I am surprised that Apple took on the Phantoms without this being sorted first.

Correct. Devialet either can't write code for UPNP connectivity, or they don't care about that kind of customer base.  Only development is on the online radio/ streaming side.   Maybe they consider owning a lossless local music server as a thing of the past and streaming business as the future.  I only listen music from my server.

Let's suppose I want to sell these units to someone else. Who would one want to buy a $5000 speaker system, only to listen to crappy online radios? Oh noo, I am getting upset again..  
Dodgy
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(18-Apr-2016, 01:25)PsekriT Wrote:
(17-Apr-2016, 19:53)Rodrat2 Wrote: They need to sort out NAS compatibility and landscape view on iPads. The latter is especially irritating, I am surprised that Apple took on the Phantoms without this being sorted first.

Correct. Devialet either can't write code for UPNP connectivity, or they don't care about that kind of customer base.  Only development is on the online radio/ streaming side.   Maybe they consider owning a lossless local music server as a thing of the past and streaming business as the future.  I only listen music from my server.

Let's suppose I want to sell these units to someone else. Who would one want to buy a $5000 speaker system, only to listen to crappy online radios?  Oh noo, I am getting upset again..  
Dodgy

I am very, very positive about the devolopment by devialet. And Yes a little faster wood be nice.

For me it is the best sounding system in the world for this price and more
And the new spark and internetradio is great and sound great, much better then with a sonos connect etc to the devialets

I now that you are the most negative one here on this site because of the NAS compatibility and if you can't wait, then it is maybe better that you Buy another system
I don't think it is wrong to be critical especially after paying five grand. Whilst most of us bought knowing the limitations I am approaching a year with mine and none of the basics work yet. Pretty poor show. Don't even get me on to the farcical stand situation.
For one , I love the update and the stands!
There are numerous ways to attach a NAS mine is through Roon which also gives landscape view on the IPad.
Stop complaining and start enjoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18-Apr-2016, 08:12)Johnnydev Wrote:
(18-Apr-2016, 01:25)PsekriT Wrote:

Let's suppose I want to sell these units to someone else. Who would one want to buy a $5000 speaker system, only to listen to crappy online radios?  Oh noo, I am getting upset again..  
Dodgy

I am very, very positive about the devolopment by devialet. And Yes a little faster wood be nice.

For me it is the best sounding system in the world for this price and more
And the new spark and internetradio is great and sound great, much better then with a sonos connect etc to the devialets

I now that you are the most negative one here on this site because of the NAS compatibility and if you can't wait, then it is maybe better that you Buy another system

Would you like to buy my set?  You won't find better speakers anywhere.  I will give you a deal.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
The missing landscape view is definitely the most irritating thing ! It can't be that hard to allow the app to rotate on iPads....