Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user: A bit lost with Pro versioning
Hi,

First of all thank you for this interesting forum. Much appreciated.

I am a bit lost with the discussions related to Expert pro and upcoming options in 2017.
If I understood well, current owners can upgrade their system to a pro version and they will get 2017 upgrades for free, including DevialetOS/streaming hardware which could worth 1500+ euros.
What about new comers ? If I buy a brand new Devialet pro130 now, will I get 2017 upgrade for free, HW and SW ? e.g. same conditions as someone who would go for an upgrade ?

Thank you

Regards,
Stephane
To my understanding, of course you buy the PRO brand new and you would get streamer board free.
Yes, the Devialet website clearly mentions this.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi Stef74500,
I will write in english despite the fact I presume you and I are french (I know I am :-)). If I can give you a piece of advice, I won't go for a new 130 pro (5990 euros) but directly for a 220pro for just around 500 euros more. How ? Buy a used D120 on Le Bon Coin for around 3000 euros, do the upgrade (3490 euros) and you get a brand new D220 Pro for around 6490 euros... If you want to follow this route, hurry up cause you have to do the upgrade before end of the year to get the steaming card for free.
If you need more help, we can continue in PM and in french ;-)
Sebastien
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
Picking up on Baldoun's suggestion, I noticed this a little while back, a 'mint' D120 for £2495 at the highly reputable Oxford Audio. At the current exchange rate, this could be a very good buy!

https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/shop/sale-bargains
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Wow! That's an absolute bargain, isn't it? I'd have that and go with Baldouns suggestion. As I understand it, the streamer board will be free to those who book their upgrade by the 31st of December. 

@ stef74500: That would make a nice New Year's present to your household! Smile

Welcome to the forum, by the way!   Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-Dec-2016, 18:37)Confused Wrote: Picking up on Baldoun's suggestion, I noticed this a little while back, a 'mint' D120 for £2495 at the highly reputable Oxford Audio.  At the current exchange rate, this could be a very good buy!

https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/shop/sale-bargains

Great price. Or pick up a used d-premier and do the same.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi,

Quite interesting indeed. However I am wondering whether it makes sense in my case. I explain:

a) I do not need 200 W
b) I got a good price for the brand new pro130: 4900 euros instead of 5990.

Expect the output power, is there any additional functionalities in the 220pro ?

Note: I will run the 130 with Focal Electra 1028 be

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Stephane
there is some difference in the hardware. The 130pro weigts 5,65kg, the 220pro 5,9kg. The pre-out of the 130pro is optional.
I think the digital amp is less capable, maybe the power supply as well. The 220pro will sound better, and you always need more power :>)
(06-Dec-2016, 15:24)stef74500 Wrote: Hi,

Quite interesting indeed. However I am wondering whether it makes sense in my case. I explain:

a) I do not need 200 W
b) I got a good price for the brand new pro130: 4900 euros instead of 5990.

Expect the output power, is there any additional functionalities in the 220pro ?

Note: I will run the 130 with Focal Electra 1028 be

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Stephane

Hi, Stephane

Forget about the power of the different Ds. That's not their greatest difference. That's only about naming the models.

The main difference is they sound different despite the fact that the hardware is mostly the same. The biggest step will be the step from 130 to 220 speaking of sound quality (and even in better hardware in this case).
You're right...most times you won't need the absolute power of the amp but as the speed and control also improves with a 220 it's not about the absolute power. It's more about dynamics/control/thrust/precision.
The 220 would gain (even on low volumes) a lot on that if the difference stayed the same as it was with 120/220.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin