Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New version of Phantom I in the near future ?
Hi all!

When do you think should we expect a new version or an updated version of Phantom I ?
I know in 2021 was released the last one but I am wondering, should we expect an update of the current version in the next year ?
Tried to find if there are some leaks regarding that but I couldn't find anything.
I really want them to release a phantom sub...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(15-Sep-2023, 00:43)njaiswal Wrote: I really want them to release a phantom sub...

I'm not sure my house would survive
I don't think they are going to release a new version of Phantom. If you look at every new product, they use the same technology as Phantom (ADH,DOS2...) but cheaper. The business model is based on Apple. First, you launch an expensive product/price for first buyers (Early adopters). Quality is great as feedback. Then you decline new products cheaper (Phantom, Dione, Gemini...) for a new audience. The issue is that Apple still belongs to Apple when Devialet belongs now to LVMH. LVMH sells products not speakers. We can see already the cracks. I had an issue with one Phantom Speaker and they don't have spare parts for Phantom, at least in France where they are built. I used to admire Devialet for their innovation but we haven't heard from them for a long time now. They are still struggling on the software side. too
They did quietly release the Custom versions not that long ago but they are not for everyone. They are Dante enabled and can be used in a home theatre setup. However, I do not expect Devialet to upgrade the Phantoms any more. Their business model is focused on new products, not necessarily keeping existing customers happy.