Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
I can confirm that this firmware STILL has a random channel-swapping problem, but not often enough to annoy me. As a matter of fact... I find it amusing!
(Listening via the Optical Input).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(05-Nov-2015, 02:56)rjalder Wrote: Identifying the source of instability is a major concern.   Is that coming from the software itself, or how individual systems are networked?  

I am wondering if wired networks are having less problems with "stability" than wired ones.  

Just for you're info - I've got a decent router and have tried "fully wired" as an alternative to fix some of the many issues I have seen with various versions of the firmware.

In my experience, it doesn't matter whether you are wired or wireless.  The firmware bugs are just that, software glitches due to lack of long term / low quality testing.
(03-Nov-2015, 16:39)Johnnydev Wrote: 5 hours ago
Working perfectly over here, sounds awesome.

-My modem to a netgear router and then with audioquest cat700 ethernetcable to the dialog.
-The dialog wireless to the 2 silver phantoms
-My 4k TV with opticalcable to the left phantom
-The remote for vol.

And Thats all !

I stream with qobuz for me the best sounding when put the settings on Hi-Res (settings qobuz) and i stream wireless from my Mac book pro via Spark without any problems

How your audio/video syncing?? How much latency are you seeing?
Wish I did not upgrade to this new firmware.  Now getting irritating clicks and pops at random times and often near the beginning of songs, and always in the right channel.

Anyone else having this same problem?
(08-Nov-2015, 22:49)oilman Wrote: Wish I did not upgrade to this new firmware.  Now getting irritating clicks and pops at random times and often near the beginning of songs, and always in the right channel.

I haven't had that problem. Maybe stating the obvious, have you tried a complete reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(08-Nov-2015, 23:19)ragwo Wrote:
(08-Nov-2015, 22:49)oilman Wrote: Wish I did not upgrade to this new firmware.  Now getting irritating clicks and pops at random times and often near the beginning of songs, and always in the right channel.

I haven't had that problem. Maybe stating the obvious, have you tried a complete reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog?
I did a system reset through Spark (in the menu Devices --> system restart).  The phantoms then became out of phase.   Did this again and now they are back in phase but still clicking/popping.  I haben't tried a full reset through restarting the router, dialogue, phantoms, etc.  I'll give that a try.
(08-Nov-2015, 22:25)Extra Gravity Wrote:
(03-Nov-2015, 16:39)Johnnydev Wrote: 5 hours ago
Working perfectly over here, sounds awesome.

-My modem to a netgear router and then with audioquest cat700 ethernetcable to the dialog.
-The dialog wireless to the 2 silver phantoms
-My 4k TV with opticalcable to the left phantom
-The remote for vol.

And Thats all !

I stream with qobuz for me the best sounding when put the settings on Hi-Res (settings qobuz) and i stream wireless from my Mac book pro via Spark without any problems

How your audio/video syncing?? How much latency are you seeing?
In the settings of my tv i can set the delay netwerk 0 and 200 ms 
And now i have set it on 130 ms
(09-Nov-2015, 07:56)Johnnydev Wrote: In the settings of my tv i can set the delay netwerk 0 and 200 ms 

What is the model of your TV?
(09-Nov-2015, 09:17)fgueho Wrote:
(09-Nov-2015, 07:56)Johnnydev Wrote: In the settings of my tv i can set the delay netwerk 0 and 200 ms 

What is the model of your TV?

Samsung 55f9000
I have read the manual of the Samsung 55f9000, and all I can see is an "audio delay" that can be setup between 0 and 250ms.
Nothing new here... It won't handle our video delay problem...

So, what do you mean by "delay netwerk 0 and 200 ms"?