Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NewOwner] Phantom 2 Stereo 95dm
Hi all

just got a pair of 95db for my new home, wondering what is everyone playing on their phantom?
1. smartphone
2. streamer
3. or any other suggestion?

Any suggestion whats source makes the best out of phantom?
1 from iphone airplay and TV
2 using now Wiim Mini streamer to option to use EQ. Still trying to EQ sound to get Muddy sound to little bit clearer on the mids and highs

Two Reactor 600/Phantom2 95db
(09-Feb-2023, 11:27)tovuori Wrote: 1 from iphone airplay and TV
2 using now Wiim Mini streamer to option to use EQ. Still trying to EQ sound to get Muddy sound to little bit clearer on the mids and highs

Did you try roon or bluesound node? Does those really sound better?
(10-Feb-2023, 08:14)kegler Wrote:
(09-Feb-2023, 11:27)tovuori Wrote: 1 from iphone airplay and TV

Did you try roon or bluesound node? Does those really sound better?

Havent tried Roon or Bluesound node. I think that bluesound lacks 1 band eq. With Wiim Mini EQ I can get Mids more present.
Hi!

Minitoslink from my Samsung TV to one of the phantoms. Works OK. I'm probably the most happy with TV sound once we look at something involving alot of music Smile their after all made for that. Although ok for movies/tv they lack voice prescence imo.

I use Spotify connect for musicstreaming. I think they sound 5x better when playing directly from spotify connect compared to the tv-sound i get.
(12-Feb-2023, 17:32)S1MON Wrote: Hi!

Minitoslink from my Samsung TV to one of the phantoms. Works OK. I'm probably the most happy with TV sound once we look at something involving alot of music Smile their after all made for that. Although ok for movies/tv they lack voice prescence imo.

I use Spotify connect for musicstreaming. I think they sound 5x better when playing directly from spotify connect compared to the tv-sound i get.

I wanted to try tidal connect since tidal has higher quality....sadly tidal connect doesn't support phantom..... thinking of alternative

Don't like to use my phone as player as I may not be at home all the time and other family members might want to use
(16-Feb-2023, 04:47)kegler Wrote:
(12-Feb-2023, 17:32)S1MON Wrote: Hi!

I wanted to try tidal connect since tidal has higher quality....sadly tidal connect doesn't support phantom..... thinking of alternative

Don't like to use my phone as player as I may not be at home all the time and other family members might want to use
You could use a Chromecast Audio and one of the optical inputs to stream Tidal.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage