Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Needs Some Help . . .
Wow . . . This has been a long journey to get here . . . 

I finally have two Silver Phantoms and a Dialogue unit.

They are currently functioning as a stereo pair using an Airport Express.

I have several questions and hope that you all can provide some direction.

First, is the spark app the ONLY way that i can run content through my Phantoms in stereo?

It seems rather limiting.  Why can't I run any content from my Mac through these speakers.  

If there is a way, I would love to understand how to accomplish this.

Thank you for the help in advance.  I greatly appreciate any suggestions or tips you all can provide.
Hey, mcquillian, hello and welcome. Spark app is only good for streaming from different services and your local library. It's quite good if you have many different sources for the audio. You can also hook your apple airport express via optical to Dialog and then use Airplay to stream any music, although quality will be slightly degraded. This is still the best way to mirror all the audio from your computer to Phantoms without a direct connection to them.

You can also plug toslink cable to your mac and then you will use Phantoms as the speakers.
(06-Apr-2016, 14:44)dmitrek Wrote: Hey, mcquillian, hello and welcome. Spark app is only good for streaming from different services and your local library. It's quite good if you have many different sources for the audio. You can also hook your apple airport express via optical to Dialog and then use Airplay to stream any music, although quality will be slightly degraded. This is still the best way to mirror all the audio from your computer to Phantoms without a direct connection to them.

You can also plug toslink cable to your mac and then you will use Phantoms as the speakers.

Thank you for the help.  So, I am running a macBook Pro.  So if I buy a tossing to standard optical connector, that would allow me to connect the Dialogue to the Airport Express.  The two are connected right now via Ethernet cable.  That would allow me to drive any content from my Mac through the Phantoms correct?  Thanks.
I figured it out!

I'm up and running via Airport Express tussling to Dialogue.

Thank you for your help again!