Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newnan/ Southwest of Atlanta looking to hear Devialet 200
Hi guys!

I am looking to compare a Devialet 200 or up to my current setup.  The dealer wants to run my card to audition one in my home.  I would have to sell equipment to do that so it is not appealing.  Anyone in the Southwest Atlanta area with a Devialet?  I am running VAC equipment that I have listed for sale, but it would be great to hear a Devialet piece of equipment before dropping serious money.  Alternatives to Devialet I have considered are Ayre and DartZeel.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Stephen
Stephen,

I presume you have heard a D200 at a dealers, so you have some idea of the sound it makes, but I understand the logic in a home trial. Perhaps you will find a nearby owner who is willing to take their amp to your house.

As for the dealer wanting to 'run your card', I think they would like to know that you are serious about a purchase before they pack up their gear and spend the day at your house. As such, they likely want to feel comfortable that you have the space on your credit card, though if you are considering DartZeel you will need a great deal of available credit. I'm not sure why you would have to sell other gear first, unless you would do that for reasons other than financial.

I know there is discussion about the sound quality differences between the 120 & 200, but you've indicated in other posts that you have very efficient speakers. Unless you need the extra inputs, would a D120 not do the job for less money? An upgrade to a 400 is of course another reason to go to the D200.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
My setup runs with towers and subs. I need the pre outs of a premiere, 200, or 250. The reason to sell other gear first would be strictly financial.
Sorry but what for DartZeel? the Lhc 208 or the 8550?

Ayre: or you go with the top line (KX-R Twenty,...) or stay to the DartZeel.

Personally I will go with a D200 in the next months. (I sell a Passlabs class A full system)