Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet doesn’t care
Looking at the Devialet Facebook group, people ask tons of questions and leave comments - both good and bad. 

Devialet ignore every single one. Just like they ignore us here. They have active customer engagement, and they snub it with disdain. 

It’s becoming apparent that this company doesn’t just not care about their users and their feedback. They’re so arrogant as to think they are better than their customers. 

I spoke to a Devialet representative in London, and when I mentioned this forum he pulled a face of contempt.  

This attitude is unacceptable in 2018 and will be their downfall. They need to get on board with the social and engaged world we live in now, keep their promises, and embrace the opportunity to understand their marketplace and the people within it. Otherwise I’d predict, they are doomed.

I love these products, but how can I purchase something from a company that doesn’t care about me?
(27-Sep-2018, 07:17)booshtukka Wrote: Looking at the Devialet Facebook group, people ask tons of questions and leave comments - both good and bad. 

Devialet ignore every single one. Just like they ignore us here. They have active customer engagement, and they snub it with disdain. 

It’s becoming apparent that this company doesn’t just not care about their users and their feedback. They’re so arrogant as to think they are better than their customers. 

I spoke to a Devialet representative in London, and when I mentioned this forum he pulled a face of contempt.  

This attitude is unacceptable in 2018 and will be their downfall. They need to get on board with the social and engaged world we live in now, keep their promises, and embrace the opportunity to understand their marketplace and the people within it. Otherwise I’d predict, they are doomed.

I love these products, but how can I purchase something from a company that doesn’t care about me?

I agree. I LOVE my 2 Gold phantoms, but am worried that they are never going to get finished from a SW point of view or the platform will die meaning my substantial investment will be wasted. I just tweeted this on the Devialet channel. Anyone who is interested please add to my tweet. Let's build some momentum up that they can't hide from. Link to my Tweet to Devialet.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
Looks like I got a bite on Twitter. It will have more impact if more of you get onto twitter, find my tweet on the devialet channel and retweet. Now for anyone listening, perhaps we could come up with a list of things we would like definitive answers to. They have asked for my personal details so I figure I could send them a list on behalf of this group. If you all add comments in I will compile them and send them in one big list - or refer them to this forum.
Here's a start from me in order of importance:
- Fix Spark so it runs on the latest IOS12 on all iphones and ipads
- Will they be implementing time correction?
- Fix sparke so it does landscape mode on a tablet
- Build native RAAT into devialet phantom so it can be a true hi res endpoint that can be controlled properly with volume etc
- Improve the woeful range of their expensive remote
- Tell us when the next firmware update is coming out and what's planned to be in it - there were features they have talked about during the sales cycle, improvements etc.
- Tell us who is working on the phantom platform and what is on the roadmap? Is it dead or improving? How many people are dedicated to it?
- Will they implement room correction/equalisation?
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
(27-Sep-2018, 12:55)pscampbe Wrote: Looks like I got a bite on Twitter. It will have more impact if more of you get onto twitter, find my tweet on the devialet channel and retweet. Now for anyone listening, perhaps we could come up with a list of things we would like definitive answers to. They have asked for my personal details so I figure I could send them a list on behalf of this group. If you all add comments in I will compile them and send them in one big list - or refer them to this forum.
- Build native RAAT into devialet phantom so it can be a true hi res endpoint that can be controlled properly with volume etc
- Tell us when the next firmware update is coming out and what's planned to be in it - there were features they have talked about during the sales cycle, improvements etc.
- Tell us who is working on the phantom platform and what is on the roadmap? Is it dead or improving? How many people are dedicated to it?

A very good set of questions! While RAAT would be very nice directly in each speaker (Roon will connect Dutch&Dutch 8C this way) I think it is more likely that Dialog can be made a RAAT endpoint. Devialet has quite a bit of prestige attached to their developments so anything that can bypass this is more likely to be ignored.

Good luck!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I think just more transparency is all we need. I don't mind if things are going to take a while, or if they need to focus on other things on the road map. But silence can be deafening.

Without any response, I'd be worried they're not going to work on Phantom anymore. And who would want to spend that kind of money on a dead platform.

In terms of features, I'd want Airplay 2 and the ability to enable Optical direct mode for time-sensitive applications like gaming, DJing.

And I'd really like to know what's going on in terms of home cinema. It got mentioned when the speakers were first announced, and we still don't have a genuine solution.

These speakers need to go from weird hobbyist, to professionally supported.
I agree that transparency would answer all remaining questions directly or indirectly.

Besides, here is also a set of questions concerning the Phantom:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-The-Unsa...e-s-thread
- If not already mentioned elsewhere fix the optical input of the Dialog that it accepts again 24/192k instead of only 24/96k.
- Do something useful with Dialog’s USB input. Was it not intended to accept an external HD, which could be filled with locally stored music. Like this we could get rid of a PC that has to run and serve for local file storage.
- What about multiple Phantom setup, quadrophony, 5.1, 7.1, 3.0 or more. This would make us buy more Phantoms.
(27-Sep-2018, 13:38)ogs Wrote:
(27-Sep-2018, 12:55)pscampbe Wrote: Looks like I got a bite on Twitter. It will have more impact if more of you get onto twitter, find my tweet on the devialet channel and retweet. Now for anyone listening, perhaps we could come up with a list of things we would like definitive answers to. They have asked for my personal details so I figure I could send them a list on behalf of this group. If you all add comments in I will compile them and send them in one big list - or refer them to this forum.

A very good set of questions! While RAAT would be very nice directly in each speaker (Roon will connect Dutch&Dutch 8C this way) I think it is more likely that Dialog can be made a RAAT endpoint. Devialet has quite a bit of prestige attached to their developments so anything that can bypass this is more likely to be ignored.

Good luck!

Super tweet and set of questions. I've retweetet in there. 
Love from Denmark
The best marketing strategy would be to come out with a huge response to its users and early adopters, new firm ware! soft ware! show you appeciate all of your customers. If not, you are bound to eventually sink. Community building is essential!