Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nice to meet you all.
Hi boyscoot,
Very interesting thread, since i m planning to upgrade my speakers wich are the sf venere 2.5.My current system is the dev200 ( wich i m planning to upgrade to pro 220) and stream music via AIR3 on my macbook pro.I briefly auditionned sf oly2 once associated with naim amplification and i thought they bettered venere 2.5 by far. I auditionned also oly3 with dev 400 and i though they were very very good, but i can t compare them to oly2 because of the time seperation of the listening sessions.But; recently i auditioned A-B sf guarnieri and sabrina ; associated with dev 200 only! And wow, i started with guarnieri and i hoped bfore starting listening they win the duel, cause can t think of more beautiful elegant chic speaker ! And because i had a good offer on them.I was blown away by the beast,voices had plenty of texture , highs were good , bass( i though it was good), mids fantastic,soundstage good but i don t remember the speakers disappeared ,dynamic just good.Just after i tried sabrina, and wowwwww! I need to say that it bettered the guarnieri in every aspect but precisely in lower octaves and transparency.It s like 2 tv screens, if both are exellents, you can t say wich one is your favorite untill you put them one next to each other.sabrina is more natural sound , more like you were there sound, black ground, dynamic is just terrific, The speakers disappeared and sound was fulfilling the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi samsoum,

It´s a pleasure to be usefull.
Yeah, i know what you mean, Sabrina´s has a match with the 220 Pro very difficult to beat, but costs twice the SFOlll.
When i audittioned both the speakers with the 220 Pro, i find the SF more 3dimensional and the Sabrinas a bit more flat but more accurate, powerfull and dynamic like you said. I was very skeptical in the very beginning, i learn that big sound needs big speakers and big speakers has to be big amps on the background. Immediately after the first tones i saw the lie.

I´ thinking in a system very similar to yours, 220 Pro, speakers and my macbook pro sending music via AIR, simple and effective and considering the price (and the very good looking) i don´ know if my preference don´ falls in the SFOlll.
First of all i´ considering to buy the 220 Pro right away with a pair of second hand speakers, just to adapt myself, and then try others here at home in my own conditions.

Let me know what you thinking,

Cheers.
(21-Nov-2016, 15:56)BoyScout Wrote: Hi samsoum,

It´s a pleasure to be usefull.
Yeah, i know what you mean, Sabrina´s has a match with the 220 Pro very difficult to beat, but costs twice the SFOlll.
When i audittioned both the speakers with the 220 Pro, i find the SF more 3dimensional and the Sabrinas a bit more flat but more accurate, powerfull and dynamic like you said. I was very skeptical in the very beginning, i learn that big sound needs big speakers and big speakers has to be big amps on the background. Immediately after the first tones i saw the lie.

I´ thinking in a system very similar to yours, 220 Pro, speakers and my macbook pro sending music via AIR, simple and effective and considering the price (and the very good looking) i don´ know if my preference don´ falls in the SFOlll.
First of all i´ considering to buy the 220 Pro right away with a pair of second hand speakers, just to adapt myself, and then try others here at home in my own conditions.

Let me know what you thinking,

Cheers.

Hi,
Honestly speaking if i have the cash now i will without doubt buy the Sabrina, and they are still on my list.I m the happy owner of sf venere 2.5 since more than a year and i feel that the bass is the only weekest point.After listening to the master sabrina i feel the sf sound is quite coloured.some people call it warm sound; it is nice indeed, specially with acoustic and voices but still ,it is not a "real" sound.I liked it so far very much ,but i think i like more transparent real sound with controlled sound from bottom to top.
I think you can t go wrong with oly3; and they look outstanding,they match pretty well with dev200 and sure, more with dev220.They were my dream till i hear sabrina; by the way when i auditionned them in devialet showroom in paris , my wife was with me, and she never felt any difference in sound thru my journey; she ended up telling me, go throw your home speaker these are much better sound Smile

Hi boyscoot
I'm very curious what will happen to your selection
I am owner 220pro and SFOIII

My advice, 
one things is set up speakers, i have nonsymetrical Reflex inside to room, not to wall,
and second is neutral cable. I had to change cable from wireworld cooper to silver Nordost blue haven. Last things is SAM i am using 50%. 
 a lot of emotional happiness
Jvoki
Hi,

I just don´t understand the last part, wich speakers did your wife prefer? Because my wife don´t have doubts about it:
SFOlll and that´ it, for obvious reasons.
The local dealer phone me today with a almost irreproachable proposal for SFOlll. We´l see.
(21-Nov-2016, 19:31)BoyScout Wrote: Hi,

I just don´t understand the last part, wich speakers did your wife prefer? Because my wife don´t have doubts about it:
SFOlll and that´ it, for obvious reasons.
The local dealer phone me today with a almost irreproachable proposal for SFOlll. We´l see.

My wife for the first time noticed the much better sound from the sfo3 !
She told me there s a big step up in sound to what we have at home.they look gorgeous as well in walnut!

I was offered 9500 usd for sfo3 here Smile

Hi Jvoki,

Nice to meet you.
You´re the type of guy i need to hear things from.
Like i said before, maybe i´ll be "forced" to opt for SFOlll, for several reasons: i like the sound, the looking and perhaps even the price, we´ll see.
The dealer advise me about the positioning, Reflex in or outside and the cables too. I have the old Black sixteen under the floor, through pipes. I don´ have the electronics between the speakers, as usual.
So, i pretend to try it with those cables and see if i need to change them, a big pain, let me tell you...

By the way, have you a very complicated system? What do you use as source?
How long are you using that combination SFOlll/220Pro?
I need to know the much i can, i´m almost doing a step that i can´t regret.
Thanks.

BoyScout
Yeah, i see...

It´s difficult to resist, is the WAF (wife appeal factor), that almost every SF has.
You´re from USA, right? They´re a bit more expensive there.
Hi BoyScout,
I have very simple stereo but very complicated AV home cinema

Source for my stereo is online streaming Tidal, Spotify and NAS, NUC by USB to 220pro, all my cd is in garage. Next week i will upgrade to ROON.

For my wife i prepared raspberry with airplay, and shee is able play very simple all music on apple source ( on off and volume by wifefriendly devialet remonte control ) My wife is satisfied with nice design SFOIII, one nice box 220pro, no cable and nice sound.

AV is complicated with my AV receiver and pre out connection with 220pro, i have tv, projector and surround speaker. I am using raspberry with hifiberry and optics and hdmi connecton and automatics detection non stereo sound to link with picture to AV receiver by hdmi.

220pro i have one month after upgrade my old 120. SFOIII i have from summer after upgrade from Heco. 
All Best
Jvoki