Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Air for macOS Catalina?
(01-Mar-2020, 20:39)CongoFather Wrote: Hi,
I think there is something wrong with your configuration. Maybe it's because you are using Devialet 200. I use both Audirvana and Roon on Mac Mini  with Catalina OS 10.15(19A602). Audirvana successfully supports AIR protocols(Devialet Air 3.0.4) and UPNP(I can play any song from NAS using Upnp on Audirvana).  Moreover, if you run some scripts, you can use "Direct Mode" and  enable Exclusive Access which bypasses the operating system and directly sends bit-perfect stream to the DAC using Ethernet. In this case, the streamer(Mac Mini, iMac etc.) and Devialet(in my case 220 Pro) are connected to a switch(audiophile switch is prefered) with ethernet cables.

Hi,

I don't think it has something to do with the Devialet 200. When installing Devialet AIR 3.0.4 on Catalina OS 10.15.3 it just won't install the driver. At this moment the software can't know which Devialet device you have. Excuse me for asking, but are you sure you're using Catalina? Strange situation...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mac Mini M2 - Roon + HQplayer - Devialet 250 - B&W 802 D4 - WireWorld Starlight CAT8 - Van Damme Up-Lcofc - Orea Bronze
You are correct. Air will not install on OS Catalina. I stream to my 220 Pro from my macbook pro with Catalina installed with airplay. Don't know if your 200 can do that.
(02-Mar-2020, 20:35)WillyWortel Wrote:
I think there is something wrong with your configuration. Maybe it's because you are using Devialet 200. I use both Audirvana and Roon on Mac Mini  with Catalina OS 10.15(19A602). Audirvana successfully supports AIR protocols(Devialet Air 3.0.4) and UPNP(I can play any song from NAS using Upnp on Audirvana).  Moreover, if you run some scripts, you can use "Direct Mode" and  enable Exclusive Access which bypasses the operating system and directly sends bit-perfect stream to the DAC using Ethernet. In this case, the streamer(Mac Mini, iMac etc.) and Devialet(in my case 220 Pro) are connected to a switch(audiophile switch is prefered) with ethernet cables.

Hi,

I don't think it has something to do with the Devialet 200. When installing Devialet AIR 3.0.4 on Catalina OS 10.15.3 it just won't install the driver. At this moment the software can't know which Devialet device you have. Excuse me for asking, but are you sure you're using Catalina? Strange situation...

I am currently listening Pat Metheny using Audirvana with Devialet Air Ethernet on MacOs Catalina 10.15. I did not install the latest updates in case "Direct Mode" does not work again for Audirvana. It is a little bit difficult to bypass Catalina and enable Direct Mode. I have run several scripts after installing Catalina to enable it.

Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
(03-Mar-2020, 17:09)CongoFather Wrote:
(02-Mar-2020, 20:35)tWillyWortel Wrote:

Hi,

I am currently listening Pat Metheny using Audirvana with Devialet Air Ethernet on MacOs Catalina 10.15. I did not install the latest updates in case "Direct Mode" does not work again for Audirvana. It is a little bit difficult to bypass Catalina and enable Direct Mode. I have run several scripts after installing Catalina to enable it.

Thanks for sharing. I'll try to re-install Catalina OS 10.15 and see if it works without doing the updates because I have 10.15.3 at the moment. I've already sent an email to Devialet.
Mac Mini M2 - Roon + HQplayer - Devialet 250 - B&W 802 D4 - WireWorld Starlight CAT8 - Van Damme Up-Lcofc - Orea Bronze
(03-Mar-2020, 18:17)WillyWortel Wrote:
(03-Mar-2020, 17:09)CongoFather Wrote:
(02-Mar-2020, 20:35)tWillyWortel Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I'll try to re-install Catalina OS 10.15 and see if it works without doing the updates because I have 10.15.3 at the moment. I've already sent an email to Devialet.

I am not sure but it may be about "Direct Mode" hack. Apple tries to prevent this type of access in every new release of its operating systems. When you reinstall Catalina 10.15 and if it does not work again, please check this page(https://community.audirvana.com/t/enable...alina/9638) before totally giving up.  
I created the topic and shared my experience with the community. Then a user with "RunHomeSlow" nick improved the solution and prepared the final document(which explains how to do it step by step) to enable Direct Mode. Maybe, enabling it will also solve the driver issue. It is worth trying before giving up. If you succeed , I recommend you take a complete backup using TimeMachine.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
I was disappointed Air didn't work when I graded to a new Macbook pro.
I am using airplay instead, though I don't stream often.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

It is interesting. I was using D200 before. I have never experienced such a problem.

You'll probably solve your issues if you downgrade to the latest OS before Catalina(Mojave). Then you should install the latest Devialet Driver on Mojave. If you want to be on the safe side, enable Direct Mode on Mojave by following the steps on https://community.audirvana.com/t/direct...ve/1861/38   

After that, you may upgrade to Catalina. Finally, you can enable "Direct Mode" for better audio quality on Catalina by following the steps on https://community.audirvana.com/t/enable...na/9638/81 and bypass the OS modifications on the audio stream.

Note: On page, https://m-audio.com/kb/article/2482, and  in section "3. Things You'll Need to Know", it says 
"macOS Catalina will include a security feature that will require the user to allow a system extension when installing a new driver. This is very simple and only needs to be done once for each driver. So, if you're installing any new driver on macOS Catalina, look out for a System Extension Blocked warning and see the driver section in this article for instructions."

and adds in the following paragraph that "The good news is that this is only necessary if you are installing a new driver. If you are updating to Catalina and already have the latest driver for your device installed, you will not need to re-install the driver or complete these steps."

I think this is why I have never had such a problem like you have experienced. I had installed the drivers initially on "El Capitan". Then I upgraded to "Sierra", "High Sierra", "Mojave" and finally to "Catalina" by time.

(27-Feb-2020, 22:14)PhilP Wrote: I just bought a new iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.3. I like listening to music while I work and have for years found it convenient to be able to stream from the same Mac that I am working on. I was very disappointed to discover from Devialet support that Air 3.04 is not compatible with Catalina and they ‘don't have any information for the moment about a new version that would be compatible with Mac OS Catalina.’ 

Perhaps Air will be compatible in the future but I need a solution now.  USB seems to be the obvious choice but I would need a 10m run and am not keen to have another cable in my study.  Other suggestions gratefully received...  I use Audirvana and stream Qobuz plus local files.
The bottom line is Devialet towards customer care is crap, they don’t care, they’ve had over 18 months to get this sorted, when you tackle them about it, what’s there response, they blame apple for not supporting 32 bit legacy products, the plain truth it’s their fault for not keeping up with the pace of technology and being cheap skates and not putting money in to developing the software for the products they sell.

you could argue now Devialet are selling products that are no longer fit for purpose, I have a Devialet 440 expert Pro, I think it was now a mistake and I’m considering selling it as I find Devialet really don’t care about customer support, luckily I paid trade price so I won’t really make a loss. 

People on here are missing the point, it’s not for Third-party companies to prop up Devialet, they should be getting there shit together and not blaming everyone else like Apple for there incompetences, if you manufacture a product they have a duty of care to maintain it to current standards.
I agree with the suggestion to try Roon. Although the price for a lifetime subscription recently increased to $700 it will solve your problem and give you many additional features to enhance your enjoyment in listening at least in my view. You can try it for free for 14 days to see if you like it enough.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2