Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Auto-Standby? / Do you keep your Reactors running 24/7?
Is there no auto-standby on the Reactors? Mine stay on solid white all the time and also stay lukewarm. They only mention the manual standby by pushing the back button which is obviously a pain in the a** having to do it with both units every single day if you want standby when not it use. I already hate that my Expert does not have a real "off-mode" and stays warm 24/7/365. Very annoying that Devialet cannot implement these absolute basics.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
I only use mine with my PC but turn them off properly after use
Living Room: Devialet Dione
They do enter auto-standy after a while. The Reactor was designed with that in mind as it was a known limitation of Expert and Phantom Premier. The power consumption drops significantly after a while (I don't remember the time constant) as the power supply for the amplifier gets turned off.
However, to keep the product available and responsive, the secondary power supply remains active to power the CPU / Wi-Fi / PLC / Ethernet components.