Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No cable is the best cable
No cable is the best cable ....yea that was the slogan when i first buy my D Premier some years ago
Coming from Naim systems with a stable of boxes ,this was the new future Smile

Since then it have been upgraded two times and with a new casing second time its now a 250 pro , sometimes think what i could have bought for that money.

But where did the simplification go ? 

i using roon and streaming cabled trough a switch ,and starting to get tired of drop outs and restarting,re plugging everything almost every time i have shuttled down the system
What a nightmare plugging and unplugging when u get the message audio device is busy or it just start grackle and 
pick when u try to start it up again

and after implement the EtherRegen its not any better...ohhh and then we have the power supply's and the cables we cal upgrades we can play with,and of course the background getting darker and better for new each item supplied i can read ,make u think it must have been bad in the first place 

Sorry for ranting over BUT is anyone here using air streaming with success ? (no cable)
Is it possible to get a no cable air steaming solution with roon that actually works with Devialet ?

im moore and more thinking og getting this system back to the bare bone ,and get al the extra boxes and cables out the window

If not Devialet with roon cant do this seamless after money spent,i thinking of other systems like active speakers ,but again...no cable is the best cable they told everybody
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Am not sure where you are going wrong. I have had my 250 Pro for over three years now and have recently upgraded it to a 1000 with only my own mistakes causing any real problems. I have not really bothered trying to connect it via WiFi as it is very near my router and is thus connected via a cheap switch alongside quite a few other devices. In fact WiFi is disabled on the 1000. Roon is based on my fairly ancient MacBook Air that talks to Tidal via WiFi. The only problems I have is if the MacBook is not restarted every couple of days which causes the dreaded and annoying track skipping. I might go for a Roon server so that I don’t have to open up the Roon app on my MacBook and keep it open to access it via my iPad or iPhone but probably not a Nucleus. My wife has just accidentally closed the lid and switched it off - again! 

I, of course, am not even trying to have multiple sources of music or higher resolution music than delivered by Tidal. As to the connectivity to the router, it is a Sky router which may or may not be the weak link between Devialet and the internet so am not about to get precious about my switch or cabling to the router. My internet speed is about 30 Mbps which drives everything in the house ie TVs, laptops, mobiles, cameras, hive etc etc. I just checked and have 40 Mbps with 16 concurrent attached devices.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I have Roon Core running on a 2013 iMac ( 3.4Ghz Intel Core i5 with 16GB of RAM using the latest version of Catalina with no OS optimisation). My router/wifi access point is an Asus RT-AC88. The iMac connects wirelessly to the router and so does my Devialet 440PRO, so na cables anywhere. The Devialet is set for dynamic DHCP and I have done no further network tweaking except to disable wifi airtime fairness on the Asus router.

Using Roon I stream via wifi to the Devialet over both Air and RAAT without any stutters whatsoever. This includes using both local music on the iMac as well as Tidal integration in Roon. 

Now during the lockdown I was forced to work from home for the past 2 months. I have started the system daily at 9h00 and switched it off at 16h00 playing music in the background and I have not had a single stutter during this entire period.

So yes, it is possible to get a cable free "bare bones" streaming solution using Roon.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(10-Jun-2020, 16:23)alaw Wrote: Petter, if I've understood correctly, you have Roon core on an iMac, and want to stream to a D250. First, uninstall and forget about AIR3 on the Mac, you don't need it, it's built into Roon. Throw away all that regen stuff too, and just use vanilla ethernet cables. Make sure all firmwares and softwares are upto date. On the iMac, disable app-store, software updates, and spotlight. If both the D250 and iMac are on the same network, you should see it in Roon Preferences > Audio, it'll be listed twice: one RAAT, one AIR. Select, and enjoy. There may be a dropout problem with a gigabit cable, older 100baseT cables are recommended. Otherwise try WiFi. If you still have bad dropouts suspect your network router. Otherwise, I've found Devialet/Roon to be extremely good. It's about as simple as it gets, honestly.

I experience no dropouts when I use Mac Mini with CAT7 cable over Gigabit ethernet switch(sotm SNG-10G). Devialet220 is also connected to the same switch with Supra CAT8 cable. This SOTM switch is connected to another switch(Ubiquiti Edge 10x switch) with fiber-optic cable. My NAS and internet router are also connected to Edge Switch 10X with CAT-7 cables (which support gigabit ethernet connections)..

No matter what kind of driver I use(Roon RAAT, AIR Ethernet(for Roon and Audirvana)) on Mac Mini, I do not experience any dropouts.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
I have used wireless with no issues at least since CI upgrade..Only speaker cable and power cord. (I have spent some serious money on the interconnect merry go round, so as a Devialet owner, I'm thankful to one box solution :-)
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I tried it. Wifi works for me with no issues if I use roon or JRiver for audio playback (RAAT,AIR,UpnP). The 5Ghz AVM WLAN Repeater 1750E is 1 Meter away from my Devialet and connected to a switch via ethernet. All other devices like TV are then connected via ethernet to the switch. Because DSD 64 via AIR is not supported through Wifi I use instead 1 GB Ethernet connection.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
@Petter How often have you been rebooting your iMac? In my experience, the iMac needs regular rebooting, otherwise Roon starts slowing down, causing dropouts and track skipping. I have my iMac configured to reboot at 3a every night (this setting is under the "Energy Saver" control panel). While I haven't tried WiFi on my 1000 Pro (I use Roon AIR-over-Ethernet), regular reboots of the iMac have made a big improvement.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.