Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No longer possible to stream via AIR
(22-Nov-2017, 00:50)brit Wrote:
(21-Nov-2017, 23:35)blair.athol Wrote: Hey guys, sorry but you are just on the wrong path. Either you go with Roon/air or with Air. Both will not work at the same time. It is jus as easy. For me, I just select.... when going to stream via Qobuz, I select to stream via Devialet Air Eth or Wifi. When I want to stream via Roon, I disable Devialet Air and select My Devialet Eth or Wifi in Roon.  Cool

Hi blair.athol, not too sure whether we are on the wrong path. At present my Expert 1000pro works fine with AIR, or Roon/AIR (I currently use Roon/ AIR and have disabled AIR). From the postings above it would appear that Devialet, in producing the new Core Infinity board, have seemingly “broken it”. I have no idea if this is true or not, but my D1000 pro is due to be shipped to Paris on Thursday for the CI board upgrade and if it comes back in a worse condition, ie unable to handle Roon/AIR I will be mightily piss** off.

David

Hi David, I was actually referring to the original post of Markush and the following posts in regard to the potential issues with the new CI board. Maybe I missed something but I did not see that Markush does have the new board installed already.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
It is the new board - so this problem isn't relevant as I am running just alpha software. Though just to mention: the new board is so amazingly great in sound quality!! Never ever would have expected that big improvement.
(22-Nov-2017, 22:34)markush Wrote: It is the new board - so this problem isn't relevant as I am running just alpha software. Though just to mention: the new board is so amazingly great in sound quality!! Never ever would have expected that big improvement.

Ah, I see  Idea so you are a happy alpha tester Cool
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(22-Nov-2017, 22:34)markush Wrote: It is the new board - so this problem isn't relevant as I am running just alpha software. Though just to mention: the new board is so amazingly great in sound quality!! Never ever would have expected that big improvement.

Markush

I know it will be hard to give a review based on Alpha software, but could you give a brief summary of the additions & positives the new board introduces (be that physical & software related), and any negatives.

Pretty please  Tongue
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Markush, by all account you're the first person in this forum to own the new CI board so I urge you to start a thread about your findings. Great sound quality alone would do it for me. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Nov-2017, 10:15)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Markush, by all account you're the first person in this forum to own the new CI board so I urge you to start a thread about your findings. Great sound quality alone would do it for me. Smile

I absolutely agree with the 'great sound quality alone' sentiment, assuming it is accompanied with acceptable stability of course.

As for markush's post, it looks like the words 'the new board is so amazingly great in sound quality!!  Never ever would have expected that big improvement.' will for ever stand as the worlds first publicly published review of the new OS Board.  A global first!

Well done Markus! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Glad to provide you with some feedback. The difference is very much noticeable and even Sporify Connect & Airplay sound just great. When I think about that jump in sound quality on Roon Air I get very much excited (currently this just gets fixed as it's alpha - but new CI architecture is intended to improve Roon Air / RAAT when ready). Just can say you it's finally worth the long wait.
(23-Nov-2017, 14:29)markush Wrote: Glad to provide you with some feedback. The difference is very much noticeable and even Sporify Connect & Airplay sound just great. When I think about that jump in sound quality on Roon Air I get very much excited (currently this just gets fixed as it's alpha - but new CI architecture is intended to improve Roon Air / RAAT when ready). Just can say you it's finally worth the long wait.

Hi markush, Many thanks for this feedback, much appreciated - getting quite excited Rolleyes. My D1000pro has just this minute been collected by UPS and will, hopefully, soon be winging it’s way to France Tongue. I personally hope that the Roon/Air is sorted out very soon (and that RAAT soon follows) as I have been very happy with it in the pre CI Amplifiers. Maybe by the time my Units are due to be shipped back all will be fine Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Yes there is very good progress in software / stability. Getting a new version tomorrow :-D
(23-Nov-2017, 15:20)markush Wrote: Yes there is very good progress in software / stability. Getting a new version tomorrow :-D

That sounds (no pun intended) great. Look forward to your feedback on the latest software. As I said earlier, hopefully all will be well by the time my unit is due to be shipped back.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK