Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No show on the Munich show??
I am going to the Munich high-end show next month, which is supposed to be the largest in Europe. I can't find Devialet on the exhibitors' list. Are they exhibiting under some other name? Or not at all?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
We think not. Guillaume and I are going but almost certainly not Devialet.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Devialet will not be there!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
If Devialet attend the show there is every possibility that someone might ask a question about the streamer board. How embarrassing for them that would be, so I guess they will be hiding somewhere instead.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
This is weird, to say the least. Even some relatively minor brands are exhibiting. The high-end show is too low for them?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
Last time Devialet was in Munich was 2015 were they had a system with four D200 and B&W Nautilus....I think this was a custom system with crossovers in the amps so they used 4 channels on each speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqT2C5cb4IQ

If Devialet as they say have Expert series as their main focus and the streamerboard is supposed to be someting special why wont they show that in Munich? Almost every other brand have Munich as one of the places to show their new products as Munich is perhaps the most imoprtant place today to show the products. Seems a bit strange to me or perhaps Devialets focus is elswere and not in the highend market Dodgy
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Apr-2017, 08:15)octaviars Wrote: Last time Devialet was in Munich was 2015 were they had a system with four D200 and B&W Nautilus....I think this was a custom system with crossovers in the amps so they used 4 channels on each speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqT2C5cb4IQ

If Devialet as they say have Expert series as their main focus and the streamerboard is supposed to be someting special why wont they show that in Munich? Almost every other brand have Munich as one of the places to show their new products as Munich is perhaps the most imoprtant place today to show the products. Seems a bit strange to me or perhaps Devialets focus is elswere and not in the highend market Dodgy

Pure speculation, but I reckon the reason they are not at Munich is because the new streamer board / Devialet OS is nowhere near 'show ready'.  OK, they do have the nice new Pro series and they could demonstrate this, highlighting is current USP, it sounds good.  But it's not the finished product is it?  If the streamer board is not yet ready to be demonstrated, even as a prototype, then Devialet's presence at the show could lead to lots of questions as to when the board will be ready, what does Devialet OS do, and so on.  I am speculating that they are not ready for that.  Speculation maybe, but this is based on some facts. Take the 'Devialet OS' page on their website as an example, essentially this contains no actual information at all, plus Devialet are not responding to any comments. This leads me to suspect that at this point in time they are unable to provide a sufficiently positive message. So rather then go an exhibit a half finished product and being faced with being asked questions they do not want to answer, I think they are waiting until they have something manufactured and working.  I think Devialet do like to manage the message very carefully, and exhibiting at Munich could well be completely incompatible with this approach.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Am I wrong to say they were not at Munich in 2016 either? Perhaps they had something else that was unfinished then.....If I go to Munich this year there are lots of other stuff to check out anyway.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

They are still working frantically on that 2016 munich update they've promised.
Prolly ready in time for munich 2018!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(08-Apr-2017, 14:26)Cylob Wrote: They are still working frantically on that 2016 munich update they've promised.
Prolly ready in time for munich 2018!

Ever the optimist Smile
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK