Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No wifi, no plc after upgrading to dos 2
Hi,
After upgrading to DOS 2 (in retrospect, a very bad decision) my two Gold Phantoms have no wifi, only ethernet works (no plc doesn't work). When the network cables are disconnected, the Phantoms are gone and every setup ends with the same 'mayday'-message. Yes, I have reset them numerous times and listened to all funny noises they make too many times during the last two weeks

I have no idea where the problem lies and Devialet support has run out of solutions after several long phone calls. They now say that it's a bandwith issue related to my new Ubiquiti Amplifi router and suggested that I should use a different phone (Iphone instead of android). I doubt that that's the problem since I have they same issue with the other routers I tested: my old Linksys ea9600 and a newish TPlink archer C9. Three different routers -- all of them provide fine wifi for laptops, tablet and phones -- and every Phantom setup without e-net ends with 'mayday'. To me, this sounds like a problem with Phantoms, not with my network.

I suspect that something happened when the upgrade of the first Phantom stalled during the installation - stuck at 96 % for more than a day before Devialet support asked me to restart the app - and my questions are related to this: is there a way to test the Phantoms' wifi connections? Or may reset the wifi on the Phantoms? And, if nothing else works, is it possible to reinstall the upgrade to DOS 2? Any help to solve this truly annoying tech problem is much appreciated.

Firmware v 2.8.5

TIA/DL
Welcome to the forum and sorry in these circumstances.  Since your are already in contact with Devialet, the best thing to do is to pester them.  Ask them for 2.9 beta which is being tested and not released and see whether this can help.
Is the wifi 4GHz or 5Ghz ? I have problem when setting up my phantoms on 5Ghz network and has to open a 4Ghz network just for my phantoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(26-Jan-2020, 18:30)Dling Wrote: Hi,
After upgrading to DOS 2 (in retrospect, a very bad decision) my two Gold Phantoms have no wifi, only ethernet works (no plc doesn't work). When the network cables are disconnected, the Phantoms are gone and every setup ends with the same 'mayday'-message. Yes, I have reset them numerous times and listened to all funny noises they make too many times during the last two weeks

I have no idea where the problem lies and Devialet support has run out of solutions after several long phone calls. They now say that it's a bandwith issue related to my new Ubiquiti Amplifi router and suggested that I should use a different phone (Iphone instead of android). I doubt that that's the problem since I have they same issue with the other routers I tested: my old Linksys ea9600 and a newish TPlink archer C9. Three different routers -- all of them provide fine wifi for laptops, tablet and phones -- and every Phantom setup without e-net ends with 'mayday'. To me, this sounds like a problem with Phantoms, not with my network.

I suspect that something happened when the upgrade of the first Phantom stalled during the installation - stuck at 96 % for more than a day before Devialet support asked me to restart the app - and my questions are related to this: is there a way to test the Phantoms' wifi connections? Or may reset the wifi on the Phantoms? And, if nothing else works, is it possible to reinstall the upgrade to DOS 2? Any help to solve this truly annoying tech problem is much appreciated.

Firmware v 2.8.5

TIA/DL

Hi @Dling, A bit stuck here, but if Devialet Support didn't already suggest it you could try http:ing into your phantoms and using option 7 "Send report".  My understanding is this will email a detailed log file to Devialet form which they may bee able to determine what has gone wrong.  You can also configure the wifi manually from the http interface (option 4) although given what you have described I am not optimistic that this will make any difference.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Http:ing them sounds interesting, but I'm not sure where I find the options? From where do I do try to http them?

My wifi is 2.4 and 5 Ghz, not 4 Ghz. That might be an issue, I'll see what Devialet support might have to say about that.

/DL
(27-Jan-2020, 21:39)Dling Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Http:ing them sounds interesting, but I'm not sure where I find the options? From where do I do try to http them?
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...web-server
(27-Jan-2020, 21:39)Dling Wrote: My wifi is 2.4 and 5 Ghz, not 4 Ghz. That might be an issue, I'll see what Devialet support might have to say about that.

There's no such thing as a 4 GHz Wi-Fi network, it's a typo. I guess he means 2.4 GHz.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
That's very interesting, had no idea that the Phantoms have IP-addresses. My config page 4 wifi shows "No networks found". Hm, time to contact Devialet support again.
@Dling if you make the initial setup using Ethernet cables, then you must keep them connected via Ethernet to use them.
With DOS 1, the Dialog was creating the Wi-Fi networks to which the Phantom connected. With DOS 2, the Phantom connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network, for which you must provide the SSID/password information. If you are using Ethernet, the app won't ask you for this information and when you unplug the cables, the Phantom have no idea how to connect to your network ??‍♂️.
So to make things simple: if you want to use them wirelessly you need to set them up wirelessly via Wi-Fi!
@Dling did you already try the full reset? Just press the back button for 10 seconds or so, until you hear a *second* sound, and wait for the reboot. Disconnect the Ethernet cable before you do that.

Also, it might help to set them up one by one (just leave another one off while you set up the first one).

Any other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth equipment in the proximity? Turn them off.

Mmmm... what else. Do you have any funny options on your Wi-Fi? Smileys Smile in the SSID? non-ASCII characters in the password? Weird network security?

Finally, I know it is a pain to use someone else's phone, but you only need to do the setup once (in theory Smile), so you really should try it with a different phone, or better still, an iPhone (fewer models, and fewer differences than the Android market - higher chances that it works!).

Let us know if anything of the above helps.