Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No wifi, no plc after upgrading to dos 2
Just a quick follow up: I sent the reports to Devialet and they are now trying to figure out how to solve this strange problem. Yes, a few weeks have passed and I don't know if the delay's due to the problem or the support's workload or something else.

I'll give another update when I have heard from Devialet.
Time for a positive update:
It seems that the problem is solved now after a long delay (I was stationed abroad for 1,5 month before the pandemic brought me back home again). Devialet support did nothing during this wait except repeating that I need a new phone, router or switch.

This is what I did: 1) Disconnected my Phantoms' and router's powerchords for 10 hours. 2) Uninstalled the Devialet app on my android phone. 3) Restarted the Amplifi router. 4) Reinstalled the Devialet app. 5) Reconnected the Phantoms and upgraded to firmware 2.9.0 ... and almost everything works now. This means that the Phantoms' wifi works and that's the main thing right now.

However, the Dialog, although present in Devialet app, doesn't play along right now. I have my htpc connected via toslink to the Dialog and prefer not to have the toslink cable connected to the Phantom. The fewer visible cables, the better runs the principle. So, that's the remaining issue: how do I make the Dialog active again? The app just says that no there's no toslink connected. Any ideas?
If your Dialog is not Airplay compatible (Dialog V1.2) , it's not needed anymore and won't be part of any setup after DOS 2.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(22-Mar-2020, 13:59)daibaron Wrote: If your DialogĀ  is not Airplay compatible (Dialog V1.2) , it's not needed anymore and won't be part of any setup after DOS 2.
So this means that it's not possible to setup the Dialog with the Phantoms anymore? I know that it's not needed after upgrading, but I still find it useful. I don't use Airplay.