Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node 2 and Devialet 200 - how to run HighRes FLAC?
Hi there,

Anyone across the globe having an idea to support, really need help?
Actually I try to connect the bluesound Node 2 with my Devialet 200 with the final goal to play Qobuz HighRes FLAC files.

A digital coax connection between Node 2 and Devialet 200 works pretty well for usual streaming of Qobuz titles in CD quality (16 bits/44,1 kHz).
Unfortunately the Devialet 200 keeps the speakers fully silent when Node 2 tries to transmit FLAC files (24 bits/96 kHz) to the Devialet 200 via a digital coax connection. In contrast to this, interestingly analogue transmission of the same title works, but the quality is definitely lower compared to digital transmitted CD quality.

Both coax and analogue cables are of very high quality (audioquest).

Hopefully you have an idea, how I can make my Devialet 200 accepting digital transmitted FLAC files and let my Devialet 200 convert these from digital into wonderful exciting analogue signals?  Rolleyes

Many thanks!
Hello BBear, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried using a different cable between your Node 2 and D 200? There have been reports elsewhere on this forum that Audioquest cables sometimes don't work well with the Devialet's digital inputs at higher sample frequencies.

Hopefully that would help to narrow down where the problem lies.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Feb-2018, 21:26)thumb5 Wrote: Hello BBear, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried using a different cable between your Node 2 and D 200?  There have been reports elsewhere on this forum that Audioquest cables sometimes don't work well with the Devialet's digital inputs at higher sample frequencies.

Hopefully that would help to narrow down where the problem lies.

Ian

Hello Ian,

First of all many thanks for your quick reply.

Just get back and switched from Audioquest Coffee (a temporary loan from my hifi dealer) to my CD-player connector Goldkabel executive series Koax 0100 ... and transmission works!!! You are absolutely right!!!

But ... yes, unfortunately there is a but. I'm able to recognize the difference between CD and HD tracks with my BluOS hardware simply displaying "CD" vs. "HD", but honestly my ears were not able to detect any significant difference (and - confirmed - both are usually very sensitive sensors).

In case you have any idea for a real good coax cable fitting to my devices please let me know.

Again many thanks and best wishes,
BBear
Great to hear that has got your system working!

As to what's a really good coax cable: I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I haven't tried many varieties. I'm sure others will be along in due course to offer advice. Maybe your dealer could lend you a few others to try out?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK