Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise with DoP track change
I remember reading about a similar problem. This may not be the issue here but: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-so...cks-23588/.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(25-May-2015, 12:32)rwjr44 Wrote: I remember reading about a similar problem. This may not be the issue here but: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-so...cks-23588/.

Interesting. In my case I no longer have SACD's I used to convert to dsf files with Playstation. I would need software which could remove noise between the tracks of my .dsf files (post extraction), or hope Devialet or Melco gets fix. I did not keep copies of the ISO files. A can of worms for sure.
No it must be a Devialet fault.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Same here with my music server, it's a very short click/tick at the start of each track, even with gapless playback is enabled. Another issue for Devialet to resolve...
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(25-May-2015, 16:46)Antoine Wrote: Same here with my music server, it's a very short click/tick at the start of each track, even with gapless playback is enabled. Another issue for Devialet to resolve...

Hello Antoine,
good news, they are working on it.
I let this message (sorry, in french... Rolleyes  ) : "Bonjour, la version 8.0.0 du firmware permet la lecture de fichiers .dsf et l'ampli affiche bien DSD64. Cependant, au début de chaque piste, on entend très nettement un 'clic' qui ne se produit pas avec les autres formats de fichiers. D'autres utilisateurs ont constaté le même problème (voir forum).
Envisagez-vous une solution pour résoudre ce problème?
Bien cordialement,
Sylvain Renard
"

I had almost immediatly a reply : "Karine Bizoirre (Devialet)
27 mai 10:54
Bonjour Monsieur,
Merci pour votre message.
Nos ingénieurs ont étés informés et travaillent assidûment sur ce dysfonctionnement.
Le correctif sera appliqué sur la prochaine mise à jour.
Cordialement,
Karine
Maison Devialet
Chargée Support Client"

Next update should fix this problem!
  Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Great to hear, thank you Sylvain27 for sharing! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I preface my comments here with fact I really like Devialet, the performance and features of the expert class are excellent. Besides the click/tick at start of each DoP track playback, I would like the disparity in volume levels between Redbook/PCM files and dsf files to be addressed. I'm not speaking to a little difference in volume levels between DoP and PCM file play - I'm talking about a large difference. I remain optimistic that Devialet engineers will work these issues out.
(28-May-2015, 15:27)Bob Ryan Wrote: I preface my comments here with fact I really like Devialet, the performance and features of the expert class are excellent. Besides the click/tick at start of each DoP track playback, I would like the disparity in volume levels between Redbook/PCM files and dsf files to be addressed. I'm not speaking to a little difference in volume levels between DoP and PCM file play - I'm talking about a large difference. I remain optimistic that Devialet engineers will work these issues out.

IMO, they should leave that alone (or make it an option). The differing volume levels most likely have to do with the dynamic range of the files. It is true that the recording methods and equipment of true DSD files usually result in more dynamic range making it more difficult to compress the files; whereas this is often and easily done (especially on digital masters) on PCM files. These PCM files will be much louder than DSD files. Properly (IMHO) processed PCM files with large dynamic ranges are generally comparable (in volume) to DSD files.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(28-May-2015, 18:16)rwjr44 Wrote:
(28-May-2015, 15:27)Bob Ryan Wrote: I preface my comments here with fact I really like Devialet, the performance and features of the expert class are excellent. Besides the click/tick at start of each DoP track playback, I would like the disparity in volume levels between Redbook/PCM files and dsf files to be addressed. I'm not speaking to a little difference in volume levels between DoP and PCM file play - I'm talking about a large difference. I remain optimistic that Devialet engineers will work these issues out.

IMO, they should leave that alone (or make it an option). The differing volume levels most likely have to do with the dynamic range of the files. It is true that the recording methods and equipment of true DSD files usually result in more dynamic range making it more difficult to compress the files; whereas this is often and easily done (especially on digital masters) on PCM files. These PCM files will be much louder than DSD files. Properly (IMHO) processed PCM files with large dynamic ranges are generally comparable (in volume) to DSD files.

Good points that I've heard in various arguments over the years. Maybe it is better to leave volume modulation alone. I have certainly noticed that "Properly (IMHO) processed PCM files with large dynamic ranges are generally comparable (in volume) to DSD files." there is validity to this statement.
Weird, almost no click noise issues with two albums (mastered by Steve Hoffman) I downloaded yesterday! I used the sacd-extract tool to extract DSF files from the SACD ISO and they play simply fine. Sounds crazy good as well BTW! Smile

https://audiofidelity.net/product/legend...us-artists
https://audiofidelity.net/product/legend...us-artists

The Netherlands