Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not authorized to migrate to Dos 2 with first generation Phantom
Hello,

I am among the first customers of Phantom Premier devices  (Classic) and I want to share my disappointment on Devialet promise.

I bought this device (and another one afterwards) mainly because of the innovation brought by the free continuous software update of my device delivered through firmware and Spark software updates. This was the initial promise. 

The Spark software was not working properly as even said by Devialet support (https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...eurs-Spark) : "We have clearly identified the problems encountered by several owners of Phantom Premier with the Spark application. When they do come forward, they are a source of legitimate frustration that we share ..... Our engineers are developing a new architecture called Devialet Operating System version 2 (DOS 2) aimed at guaranteeing an open, robust and scalable system, favoring streaming protocols and market standards..)

Great expectation... for long time ! (It took almost two years with minor or no Spark update before the DOS 2 was made available to Phantom) and what a disappointment when I learnt from the Devialet support , that one of my Devialet Phantom was not eligible to use DOS2 (except if I paid 790 euros to a get a Silver Phantom , or 1490 euros for a Gold Phantom!!!!) . If I did not pay I should stay on Spark software. The initial promise of free continuous software update has evaporated...

I was informed by Devialet support that multiple customers are in the same situation . I understand that these are the Phantom serial numbers ending in EWM9 or P3EK.

Can we join to tell our disappointement?

Best regards.
+1 ..!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I share your disappointment as Devialet products are not reliable and not perfectible so far.
The current status of your hardware looks like it is abandoned and I bet no spark update will be available of the next OS.
Spark was broken on every IOS update... it does not look good to me.
They are flaws in the Design and also is the marketing when the Phantom Silver V1 or V2 should have been separated into 2 different products.
Please excuse my poor reputation