Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not loud enough
Not sure if this is just me but does anyone think it doesn’t sound loud enough. 
It sounds great but I do like to listen to music quite loud sometimes and with the Gemini’s they’re pretty much at 100% the whole time for me. 
The headphones are not faulty at all before anyone asks.
(04-Jan-2021, 13:37)ARandomMan Wrote: Not sure if this is just me but does anyone think it doesn’t sound loud enough. 
It sounds great but I do like to listen to music quite loud sometimes and with the Gemini’s they’re pretty much at 100% the whole time for me. 

That's weird. I'm a medium-high volume guy myself, but I can't listen to more than 60-70% volume as my ears start to hurt. The sound power is impressive. They may be faulty or hopefully not!!, you might have damaged ears. 

But just as a curiosity, why do you even want to listen to such high volumes? Kills the whole sound quality concept. The louder it gets, the sound tends to get distorted and the Gemini's are all about hearing those quality lows, mids, highs (up to a point, after which the highs overtake lows and mids and all you'll hear is highs, plus it is not healthy for your ears, not in the slightest).
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
(04-Jan-2021, 13:37)ARandomMan Wrote: Not sure if this is just me but does anyone think it doesn’t sound loud enough. 

All ears are different, and mine are probably older than most, but on my Pixel 2XL comfortable volume for most tracks is about 33%. Maybe you have a source problem?
@bogdan.filipovici
So I’m 99% sure they’re working correctly.
I just generally like to listen to music quite loud. My ears do not get affected by this at all because I’ve been doing this for years without noticing a difference in my hearing. Also had a hearing test a couple months ago and found out that my range of hearing is from about 20hz-22kHz. After after listening to music for a long time at a high volume i would say this is quite good.
For comparison I have to Gold phantoms and normally for music I’d listen somewhere between 50-60 while sitting about 8-10ft away.
To be honest I expected these to be like the phantoms: unbelievable sound which is consistent from low volumes to excessively high volumes. Don’t get me wrong these are probably one of the best or the best true wireless earphones but for me they don’t go as loud as I’d like.

If anyone has the AirPods Pro, just to compare, I rarely listen to 100% on those probably 90%. But I’ve noticed that 100% on the Gemini is quieter than the AirPods. Is this the same for you guys who have both?
(04-Jan-2021, 19:50)ARandomMan Wrote: @bogdan.filipovici
I just generally like to listen to music quite loud. My ears do not get affected by this at all because I’ve been doing this for years without noticing a difference in my hearing. Also had a hearing test a couple months ago and found out that my range of hearing is from about 20hz-22kHz. After after listening to music for a long time at a high volume i would say this is quite good.
For comparison I have to Gold phantoms and normally for music I’d listen somewhere between 50-60 while sitting about 8-10ft away.
To be honest I expected these to be like the phantoms: unbelievable sound which is consistent from low volumes to excessively high volumes. Don’t get me wrong these are probably one of the best or the best true wireless earphones but for me they don’t go as loud as I’d like.

If anyone has the AirPods Pro, just to compare, I rarely  listen to 100% on those probably 90%. But I’ve noticed that 100% on the Gemini is quieter than the AirPods. Is this the same for you guys who have both?

That's weird. Maybe you have a source problem, as someone mentioned above. I'm streaming tidal from my iphone and i am telling you, anything above 70% volume is just pure crime for my ears as I can't stand such a high volume. Feels like literally staying inside a plane engine. 

I have my duo pair of golds in the living room (extremely tall ceiling and overall a pretty big living room) and at 60% volume (running the sound through the mqa decoder from roon + the equalizer from bluesound) the whole structure is moving, including my windows from the balconies, including my dishes from the kitchen that is 15meters away. That's why i am saying you might have a source problem. You're listening to volumes that to me seem impossible to listen to (the low ends on golds are the most powerful things ive heard in my entire life and most definitely not healthy at all for any building structure). Just my personal opinion!

Try change the source and see if the output is the same! Hope it works out!
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
with me the volume is very high, they have a high gain. Can't listen to the max

I listen well below half

we all have another bug;
They'll never get it right

Which phone is it for?
(05-Jan-2021, 08:03)bogdan.filipovici Wrote:
(04-Jan-2021, 19:50)ARandomMan Wrote: @bogdan.filipovici

If anyone has the AirPods Pro, just to compare, I rarely  listen to 100% on those probably 90%. But I’ve noticed that 100% on the Gemini is quieter than the AirPods. Is this the same for you guys who have both?

That's weird. Maybe you have a source problem, as someone mentioned above. I'm streaming tidal from my iphone and i am telling you, anything above 70% volume is just pure crime for my ears as I can't stand such a high volume. Feels like literally staying inside a plane engine. 

I have my duo pair of golds in the living room (extremely tall ceiling and overall a pretty big living room) and at 60% volume (running the sound through the mqa decoder from roon + the equalizer from bluesound) the whole structure is moving, including my windows from the balconies, including my dishes from the kitchen that is 15meters away. That's why i am saying you might have a source problem. You're listening to volumes that to me seem impossible to listen to (the low ends on golds are the most powerful things ive heard in my entire life and most definitely not healthy at all for any building structure). Just my personal opinion!

Try change the source and see if the output is the same! Hope it works out!

Again, definitely not a source problem because one of my family also has a pair of golds and it’s the same situation. 
I usually airplay Tidal to the Golds. Sometimes upnp if I have some 24/96 tracks. 
Might just be me liking to listen to music loud then Big Grin
It would also be helpful if you had the AirPods Pro to compare how the volume sounds with that as I have them too.
Also with the golds I’m in a small-ish room with about 11ft ceilings and even the times when I’ve maxed the golds nothing shook or anything, the only thing was probably the floor was vibrating; not enough for it to impact anything on the floor but you could feel... not sure what’s happening with your house.

The loudest thing for music I’ve ever experienced is being at the front at concerts. Again its definitely bareable. But 4 hours of it definitely made my ears buzz after everything stopped. Didn’t have any lasting effects though at all.
Be sure to come back in 10 years and tell us how your tinnitus is coming along.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(05-Jan-2021, 21:40)Zappydev Wrote: Be sure to come back in 10 years and tell us how your tinnitus is coming along.

Will do bud