Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obsolescence and upgrades
Since I purchased my D170 nearly two and a half years ago I still feel that it is current.

I can't say the same of most of the other main components of my system, all of which were purchased after the D.

Firstly my Magico S1 speakers. Magico have just announced the new Mk. 2 S1 speakers, seriously upgraded with diamond/Be tweeter and graphene/nanotech midrange/woofer,  to be available early 2016.
I hope that I don't get a chance to listen to them anytime soon. I have a feeling that they will be very significantly better. At a cost !!!

Then there is my hardly one year old Antipodes DX to which there has already been some hardware revisions. Nothing of great consequence - just enough to make me feel that I don't have the current model.

This makes me appreciate my now D200 all the more. 
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
Just hope that Devialet can lasts just as long as Sonos. My Sonos ZP80 is still playing great music to my Le200.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(12-Nov-2015, 11:25)hk6230 Wrote: Just hope that Devialet can lasts just as long as Sonos. My Sonos ZP80 is still playing great music to my Le200.

+1