Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Od'A 1000 PRO upgrade
Hi guys thought I would create a dedicated thread for this. 

Could I ask all Od'A owners to report back their impressions? Positive, negative or indifferent... all are welcome!  Smile 

I'll start by saying I was most impressed by the boxes that the units came back in: 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
What lovely boxes. So flawless that I advise you not to open them.

I forget that phrase "from the sublime to the ridiculous" but it may have a use here?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Mine are back and working fine on LP and CD, I haven't really listened long enough to either Roon/Air or Air itself to know if it works as well as before.
Personally I don't feel confident to make any SQ comments since they were away 4 weeks and I am only confident doing level matched direct immediate comparisons.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Units sounded a bit dark/muffled at first. This was coming straight from the Totaldac/Absolare combo which I had been enjoying a lot lately.

A few hours in and the highs seemed a bit more extended. There were definitely some changes in the first few hours.

Last night I felt that I was hearing something a bit different in the sound although I agree with Frank above it's very difficult unless you do A/B with matched volume levels. 

Just been listening now and this impression is confirmed. Something feels a bit different with the sound, particularly with the lower mids which seem to be a bit denser. There is a bit more refinement with the sound. Maybe the OdA is just gripping the Sashas better. It's all sounding a bit more grounded (and no I haven't connected my Entreq boxes yet haha!).

It's still the Devialet sound and so it should be.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK