Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OdA Does Not Work
My joy turned to a total disappointment!

Well, the OdA were returned, CI upgraded and both chassis & remote polished to a shine as good as new.

However, when the SD cards were redone - addition of a new tuner and a complete modded Oppo UDP-205 from Modwright, the right channel (S1) inputs has no sound at all, no matter the input - which in this case were my Stereo TT input, FM Tuner.

Tried re-doing the configurator like more than 10x (yes, 10x) the problem could not be resolved. When switching input from the Main to the S1 unit, that is the FM exchanging with Oppo, there is sound. This is also true when switching phono input to Mono from Stereo.

In the end, I am left with a pair of OdA that don't seem to work at all if using inputs from the right (S1). The last suspect is that connecting (smaller jack cable) could be "damaged". Dealer will try again on Mon with a new cable, and I certainly hope it will work. 

Anyone knows how to fix this as I don't think its there cable at fault. But being a novice, the only thing I culled do is wait and full of frustration. I hope someone is able to advise how I should proceed cause I am now left with a system I cannot use at all on one channel inputs.
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
I think someone here had success with doing a new configuration without using your own login details. Somehow your configurator can be corrupted
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
This might help too

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4618
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Mar-2018, 22:34)Jerry Seh Wrote: My joy turned to a total disappointment!

Well, the OdA were returned, CI upgraded and both chassis & remote polished to a shine as good as new.

However, when the SD cards were redone - addition of a new tuner and a complete modded Oppo UDP-205 from Modwright, the right channel (S1) inputs has no sound at all, no matter the input - which in this case were my Stereo TT input, FM Tuner.

Tried re-doing the configurator like more than 10x (yes, 10x) the problem could not be resolved. When switching input from the Main to the S1 unit, that is the FM exchanging with Oppo, there is sound. This is also true when switching phono input to Mono from Stereo.

In the end, I am left with a pair of OdA that don't seem to work at all if using inputs from the right (S1). The last suspect is that connecting (smaller jack cable) could be "damaged". Dealer will try again on Mon with a new cable, and I certainly hope it will work. 

Anyone knows how to fix this as I don't think its there cable at fault. But being a novice, the only thing I culled do is wait and full of frustration. I hope someone is able to advise how I should proceed cause I am now left with a system I cannot use at all on one channel inputs.

Just some obvious stuff.....Have you reloaded firmware/software latest versions as well as redoing your config?  Deleted all the old files from the SD card before copying the new files?
Are the speakers plugged in correctly following dual mono config rather than L and R labels on the amps?
(11-Mar-2018, 00:13)Blackmorec Wrote:

Just some obvious stuff.....Have you reloaded firmware/software latest versions as well as redoing your config?  Deleted all the old files from the SD card before copying the new files?
Are the speakers plugged in correctly following dual mono config rather than L and R labels on the amps?
Hi Blackmorec,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, all the SD cards have been reformatted and reloaded with the latest Firmware/Software that can be used for CI updated models.

The speakers are plugged in correctly .... but I am NOT sure about the DUAL MONO Config, rather than the L and R labels on the amp. Can you elaborate more on this so I can pass this information to the dealer who will be coming back on Monday to help solve the issue.

Once again, thanks for the advise. I look forward to your reply as this will definitely help educate the dealer how to set this right.

Best Regards,

Jerry Seh
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
Have you tried making a new configuration from scratch? For example @Axel got pre-outs working from the companion device by doing a new configuration from scratch.
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...4#pid73024

Can you also share a picture how does your configuration look like?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(11-Mar-2018, 02:06)Jerry Seh Wrote:

Hi Blackmorec,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, all the SD cards have been reformatted and reloaded with the latest Firmware/Software that can be used for CI updated models.

The speakers are plugged in correctly .... but I am NOT sure about the DUAL MONO Config, rather than the L and R labels on the amp. Can you elaborate more on this so I can pass this information to the dealer who will be coming back on Monday to help solve the issue.

Once again, thanks for the advise. I look forward to your reply as this will definitely help educate the dealer how to set this right.

Best Regards,

Jerry Seh

@Jerry Seh
The correct connection of the speaker cables is counter intuitive, but if you look at the Configurator, it’s shows which terminals to use. Both amps should be set to mono as is the default.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Having same issue with phono (analog input)

config

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
image to big - should know better trying smaller size

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(11-Mar-2018, 02:06)Jerry Seh Wrote:

Hi Blackmorec,

Thanks for the response.

Best Regards,

Jerry Seh

Hi Jerry, if you look at the back of your amps, speaker connections are labelled L + & - and R + & -

In dual mono both speakers connect to the  +ve terminals only. To be clear the Left speaker connects to L+ and R+ terminals on 1 amp and the Right speaker connects to the same L+ and R+ On the 2nd amp. Check the configurator diagram if you’re in any doubt.