Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd music streaming app behaviour
I have a simple system set-up: I stream music to my Expert Pro 220 via the Tidal and Spotify apps on my iPhone or iPad.

Recently I’ve encountered a problem when the Apple device and Expert Pro connect via AirPlay: I press play on the music app, but no music plays from the speakers. To rectify, I need to close the Tidal (or Spotify) app, re-open it, press play and then the music plays from the speakers.

Only a minor irritant, but this problem only started a few months ago – coinciding with the recent system firmware upgrade or IOS14 upgrade.

I am finding this issue only with the Expert Pro, e.g. if I connect my Apple device to another speaker, the music streams instantly, with no closing/ re-opening of the app required.

Anyone else have this issue?
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(14-Dec-2020, 17:21)spater Wrote: I have a simple system set-up: I stream music to my Expert Pro 220 via the Tidal and Spotify apps on my iPhone or iPad.

Recently I’ve encountered a problem when the Apple device and Expert Pro connect via AirPlay: I press play on the music app, but no music plays from the speakers. To rectify, I need to close the Tidal (or Spotify) app, re-open it, press play and then the music plays from the speakers.

Only a minor irritant, but this problem only started a few months ago – coinciding with the recent system firmware upgrade or IOS14 upgrade.

I am finding this issue only with the Expert Pro, e.g. if I connect my Apple device to another speaker, the music streams instantly, with no closing/ re-opening of the app required.

Anyone else have 

Yep, using iPhone to stream BBC Sounds.  Keeps cutting out - app still working on iPhone.  Very annoying.  Any solutions?