Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ setup Devialet Phantom
Hi,
I have two Phantom gold & one Phantom silver + one Technics 1210 connected via Devialet Arch. I now intend to buy a mixer & a second Technics 1210. The mixer i’m eying is the rotary superstereo dn78.
Will this setup work with the above? Do I need more gadgets to make it work. How do I install?    
There will be too much delay, you would have to cue up in your headphones only. not ideal really.
Phantom I has only digital inputs. To get low enough latency you'll have to use 'direct optical mode' where the only available input is Toslink SPDIF (I do not know how short latency you can get in normal mode with the latency adjust of the new DOS 2.14). You'd need to use an AD converter on the mixer output for this to work.
The Phantom II Custom has a balanced analog input and (close to) zero latency. This would work directly with the mixer you show.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I suggest reading this article to see if using Dante can help you achieve your goals.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/bring-...ury-dante/
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(28-Jan-2022, 12:46)njaiswal Wrote: I suggest reading this article to see if using Dante can help you achieve your goals.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/bring-...ury-dante/

Dante looks interesting and worth a shot! Thanks!
Absolutely! The smaller Phantom II Custom has Dante built in, the Phantom I needs the "Dante dongle" which is a Dante-to-Toslink converter. A mixer with Dante is probably easiest, but AVIO adapters lets you choose a mixer you like.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Rare Pleasure says thanks for input & Quick respons! Got some Dante /AVIO reading to do before I press buy on the mixer…