Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One reactor cutting out for 2-3 seconds continuously in Stereo
One of my 2 reactor 900s keeps cutting off every 5-10 seconds for 2-3 seconds when playing anything over wifi. If the particular speaker is not connected in stereo this problem does not occur. Have tried resetting, reconnecting, remaking the stereo pair, etc. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Just very strange that by itself this doesn't happen, but when in stereo it does.
Try resetting/updating your wifi router. Issues I’ve had in this respect seemed to be caused or impacted significantly by network issues.

You can also try directly inputting your network password into the speaker directly, as discussed on the Audirvana forums.
(09-Sep-2020, 15:37)stereoreactors Wrote: One of my 2 reactor 900s keeps cutting off every 5-10 seconds for 2-3 seconds when playing anything over wifi. If the particular speaker is not connected in stereo this problem does not occur. Have tried resetting, reconnecting, remaking the stereo pair, etc. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Just very strange that by itself this doesn't happen, but when in stereo it does.

Very simple way to know if it comes from the speakers or from your network : wire them both using an ethernet cable (just to test), if it still drops contact devialet support, otherwise it comes from your wifi network.

If you have such network issues you can change the network settings (the way speakers communicate to synchronize) in the app (Devialet app) to force it to PLC setting, maybe your PLC will be better than your wifi ^^
(09-Sep-2020, 15:37)stereoreactors Wrote: One of my 2 reactor 900s keeps cutting off every 5-10 seconds for 2-3 seconds when playing anything over wifi. If the particular speaker is not connected in stereo this problem does not occur. Have tried resetting, reconnecting, remaking the stereo pair, etc. 

I had the exact same problem. I contacted Devialet. They first asked me to switch left and right speaker which did not help as it was the same speaker that would drop sound. So I sent them the reactor with the issue and should be receiving a brand new one in a few days. I hope the problem won't occur with the new unit. Best of luck.
Stereo : Ethenet cable direct between the speaker, or in Wifi Router : only soluce at 60ms
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14